Thread: Still Supporting The Dreamcast

DCEmu Newbie

Default Still Supporting The Dreamcast

Hi, I work for a website called BeefJack and we've been doing coverage on the Dreamcast from time to time, as I'm a huge fan of the system myself. I've read this forum for years but never signed up till now. As one of the only publications on the internet still supporting the Dreamcast I thought you'd be interested in checking out our Dreamcast group which will be updated will all features, reviews and news related to anything Dreamcast we post about, and take it from me there'll be a lot more coming.

http://members.beefjack.com/groups/the-dream-lives-on

Thanks for you're time regardless.

Blog Entries

"As one of the only publications on the internet still supporting the Dreamcast"

That is where you are wrong, the Dreamcast has quite a following on the internet. I can list 10+ sites that still publish articles and news (even if it isn't new) about the Dreamcast, on a weekly to monthly basis too.

DCEmu Newbie

haha well said Vamp Dude. Personally I think the Dreamcast is thriving now more than ever. How many sites still write about PS1? It's beat the Xbox or PS1 Hands down when you think the consoles longevity..

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Wonga View Post
    haha well said Vamp Dude. Personally I think the Dreamcast is thriving now more than ever. How many sites still write about PS1? It's beat the Xbox or PS1 Hands down when you think the consoles longevity..
    I semi-dissagree with the comment here. PS1 is dead, theres no doubt about that. Xbox still has life too it. My two favorite systems are My xbox and dreamcast. Of course, I only got the dreamcast recently. I had been looking for ages. and honestly, i regret not buying one while it was on the market.

Both of these consoles still live due to the fact of easy modification. (thought the dreamcast isnt modded at all) due to this allowing unsigned code and thus allowing homebrew app/games to be made. However I havent seen many Homebrew games for the xbox that showed me much interest. however the dreamcast has a much bigger library. So I'm hoping my console sees lots of use in the future.

Thread Information