Gearbox Software pumps out Borderlands' second batch of downloadable content later this month (for the Xbox 360 at least), announcing Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot. What do you get for your ten bucks?
According to official word, Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot offers three new Riot Mode arenas, the option to store more of your loot in an all-new bank and the ability to score two additional skill points, potentially making your level 50 character two notches more bad-ass.
Now, based on the announcement, it doesn't sound like Borderlands second downloadable episode will offer the same caliber of single-player experience that the Zombie Island of Dr. Ned did. Three new arenas sounds fine, but I spent about 0.1% of my time in Borderlands hanging out in the arenas, so I can't say I'm too excited about the possibility of making that 0.3% of my time.
If you feel like this is the kind of content you've been dying for, watch for Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot to hit the Xbox 360 on December 29 for whatever the Microsoft Points equivalent of $9.99 is. PlayStation 3 owners get it a little later, January 7. PC gamers get it... some time.

</img> </img> </img> </img>

More...