Young girls can live out their dance fantasies in their living room with Majesco's Dance Sensation! for the Nintendo Wii. Young boys will just have to keep hiding their passion for creative movement from a world that just wouldn't understand.
It's just not fair. Girls get to play with adorable animals in the Littlest Pet Shop, put together outfits in Nintendo's Style Savvy, and now they get to dance hip hop, jazz, ballet, and salsa with Dance Sensation!, while the boys are all busy playing Blood Death Kill Game number three-hundred and forty-five. Yes, gender specific games annoy me.
"Dance is an incredibly popular activity for young girls yet there is an absence of dance products available for this demographic," said Gui Karyo, Executive Vice President of Operations, Majesco Entertainment. "Dance Sensation! was specifically designed for this audience and its combination of dance styles lets female players perform and actually learn real dance moves as they play."
Male players, on the other hand, just couldn't handle it.
It's not that I really want to dance. My mother owned a dancing school for most of my life, and try as she might, she couldn't get more out of me than being the master of ceremonies for one of her recitals. I am mostly outraged on behalf of my brother Richard. His dance performed to the theme from "Fame" still brings a tear to my eye to this very day, and I'm sure he'll appreciate me bringing it up here.
Back to the game at hand, Dance Sensation! features more than 160 motion-captured dance moves and the ability to create your own dance routines and customize your dancer with various costumes and unlockable hairstyles. It's got licensed music, Wii Motion Plus support, and a special device that electrocutes the player if it detects a penis.
Okay, I might have made up that last one. Dance Sensation! is heading to the Wii in April of 2010.

</img> </img> </img> </img>

More...