Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FAQ - What Do I Need for Homebrew on the DS

I got the Super card and flash memory, now where do I get the programs to download the games or this Home brew and how do I know my DS is compatible?

Hi, ive just read your guide, very good (excuse my ignorance, but im very very new to all this) ive recently purchased a M3 DS real card, ive transfered a game on to the memory and its coming up "no system file found, put system file in" can you help??

DCEmu Rookie

you need to put the M3 file system on flash card to start with

whats that and how do i do it ? (like i said very new to all this and a tad out of my deapth me thinks)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by neil182rob View Post
    whats that and how do i do it ? (like i said very new to all this and a tad out of my deapth me thinks)
    all you need to do is go to http://www.handheldsources.com/M3DS/Download_M3DSR.html
    and download v2.9 anddrag and drop to the root of your memory card.....

and if you have a m3 ds real it comes with a flashme which means no passcard is needed......:thumbup:

--------------------------------------------------------------

getting m3 on saturday and hopefully a working pandora's battery for my psp slim today!!

why is that i cant connect another ds to one that has a homebrew game to play multiplayer? is that not possible.

So. Just to clarify, you only need to buy 1 thing [minus any memory, SD etc.] with the M3 but 2 with the Supercard, those being Supercard and Passme?

In other words, which is the cheapest, not including any additional memory, bearing in mind I would like to be able to emulate SNES, GBA AND DS?

Yes I'm a greedy bugger
    Last edited by TheLostProphet; April 23rd, 2008 at 23:39.

The guide is out of date. Basically, anything that runs primarily from slot-2 will require a slot-1 NoPass to boot it in DS mode to run DS homebrew. A standalone slot-1 device runs by itself without any additional equipment, but slot-1 devices cannot run GBA files.

I'd recommend a dedicated slot-1 device plus the EZ-V 3in1 expansion pack to add GBA compatibility for a cheap price. There are many slot-1 devices out there that you should research before coming to a final decision. I'd recommend looking into the following: CycloDS Evolution, Supercard DS, DSTT, EDGE, Acekard.

DCEmu Newbie

I Am looking to get a flash cartage or whatever its called for my mum's(kind of like a present for her) NDS to play NDS roms on, I would want at least 512mb, or even 1gb+ depending on the price, could someone advise me what one to get and what site to get it from as I am new in this area of tech.

Thanks in advance

Ryan

PSP User

Where would the ItouchDS fall into this? If I ordered one, would I need to buy ay adapters or storage, or is that included? I'm confused...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information