Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Epsilon To Release Custom PSP Bios

Blog Entries

psp Epsilon To Release Custom PSP Bios

In a move that will make Sony Irate the crackers and hackers at Epsilon have posted this statement:

Epsilon BiOS is a custom flash "replacement" for the $ony PSP which unleashes the full potential of your handheld, allowing you to both use homebrew software and run UMD games from your Memory Stick on the latest Firmware releases while also enjoying the impressive features built into the operating system such as RSS feeds, WMA support etc. Currently the 2.71 Firmware release is supported - that's right, this means we have cracked the new encryption methods and developed the operating system hacks necessary to allow unsigned code to run, even in kernel mode.

We have been developing Epsilon BiOS for quite some time, but due to the fact that it requires a dual-flash system (one flash is used to bootstrap our code, the other stores the normal PSP Firmware) we have been unable to release it - until now, with the appearance of the Undiluted Platinum mod-chip. Previously we had been using our own custom hardware for development, however about a week ago we received Undiuluted Platinum prototypes and have since modified our code to work with their hardware - its working great, despite a few bugs which we need to iron out before the release. For those who are wondering, yes, you will need an Undiluted Platinum installed in your PSP to take advantage of this.

As mentioned above, using Epsilon BiOS its possible to launch homebrew software from the memory stick, kernel mode access is also available for software which requires this. Both 1.0 and 1.5 style EBOOTs are supported.

We will be releasing a video over the next few days showing Epsilon BiOS in action - keep an eye out for this! As for the actual release, this depends on how soon we can resolve the remaining issues, but we hope to have it out within 1-2 weeks.

Great news for the Homebrew scene but not so great for Sony, what do you all think about this upcoming firmware from Epsilon, post your views in the comments

Arrow great news

this is great news and the fact that ppl are actually making custom firware is alsum......to also hear that they have cracked the 2.71 encryption methods is great news i know sony is pissed about this im hoping that the mod chip will even work when sony releases the firware update that allows the new playstation emu that sony is coming up with......hopfully sony doesnt do sum thing to there firware that makes it unable to be use by the mod chip or sum wierd thing like that cause if the mod chip hasnt gotten sonys attention yet i think it soon will..........though this is kind of wierd if they have come up with a custom firware cant they just put it out as an update so lets say i have a 2.6 psp now i update with there custom firware and presto a custom firware 2.71 that allows all hombrew capabiltys.........but the custom firware that these ppl have come up with really isnt needed if the mod chip lets you switch frrom 1.5 to 2.71 in an instant so im spectical but my eyes on what will happen next

fake???????

if youve really cracked the 2.71 fw, then why couldnt we just update our psp's to the cracked version? why would we even need a modchip? either this is fake, or i am really confused? could they be a little more specific as to what they ACTUALLY did?

'nuff said

Default why would we even need a modchip? either this is fake, or i am really confused? coul

Kernall Access Means You Can Use The Downgrader!!! Omg Can U Say Mile Stone 4 Psp !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Q:
    why would we even need a modchip? either this is fake, or i am really confused? could they be a little more specific as to what they ACTUALLY did?
    A:
    We have been developing Epsilon BiOS for quite some time, but due to the fact that it requires a dual-flash system (one flash is used to bootstrap our code, the other stores the normal PSP Firmware) we have been unable to release it - until now, with the appearance of the Undiluted Platinum mod-chip
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

DCEmu Newbie

yab-dab-do!

yab-dab-freaking-do!

But Come On Guys No Iso Loaders!

Default guity concients

Quote Originally Posted by uranidiot
    yab-dab-do!

yab-dab-freaking-do!

But Come On Guys No Iso Loaders!
    no one was on the topic of iso loaders looks like some one has a gulty concients anyway since this is a custom firware im curious to know would it be possible lets say i input the mod chip into my psp but the mod chip is one of my friends i would use it just to upload this firware and then take the mod chip out would my psp retain the custom firware........(answered my own question no as soon as i take out the mod chip i would have to put back the original flash chip back in my psp and that one contains 2.6 or what ever firware i would have so intern i cant do what i just said)

Quote Originally Posted by gunntims0103
    this is great news and the fact that ppl are actually making custom firware is alsum......to also hear that they have cracked the 2.71 encryption methods is great news i know sony is pissed about this im hoping that the mod chip will even work when sony releases the firware update that allows the new playstation emu that sony is coming up with......hopfully sony doesnt do sum thing to there firware that makes it unable to be use by the mod chip or sum wierd thing like that cause if the mod chip hasnt gotten sonys attention yet i think it soon will..........though this is kind of wierd if they have come up with a custom firware cant they just put it out as an update so lets say i have a 2.6 psp now i update with there custom firware and presto a custom firware 2.71 that allows all hombrew capabiltys.........but the custom firware that these ppl have come up with really isnt needed if the mod chip lets you switch frrom 1.5 to 2.71 in an instant so im spectical but my eyes on what will happen next
    yeesh, man. use a period every now and again.

I can guarantee you sony already knows about UP, has probably BOUGHT one to see the easiest way to circumvent it. I can also almost guarantee you that Sony pays people to troll PSP news sites so that they're always in the know about what's going on in the PSP homebrew and hacking communities.

its real and its the best!!!! homebrew and the latest sony stuff!!!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information