In Chicago last month, a kid called 911 when the 'rents took away his Xbox 360. Saturday in a Boston suburb a mom dialed the law when her son wouldn't stop playing. Oh yeah, Grand Theft Auto's involved here, too.
The Boston Herald reports that Angela Mejia, 49, woke up in the middle of the night to find her 14-year-old son awake and gaming, playing Grand Theft Auto (naturally, the version was not specified.) She unplugged the PlayStation (naturally, the version was not specified) and then called the cops, who finally persuaded the kid to stop killing hookers and go to bed.
Of Grand Theft Auto, Mejia insists she "would never buy that kind of video." Noooooo. "I called (police) because if you don't respect your mother, what are you going to do in your life?" I dunno, lady. Have you talked to your doctor about safe, effective, fast-acting kick his ass? Mrs. Good used that. When I was exactly that age, too.
The Herald notes that she broke down in tears during her interview and then goes into the obligatory discussion of game addiction. I invite you to read the whole story. It, the headline and the presentation are credulous to the point of self-parody. Bottom line: Maybe the kid needs help. The mother does for sure.

The 911 on Video Game Obsession
[Boston Herald, thanks Enigma Nemesis]

</img> </img> </img> </img>

More...