A New game for the Nintendo DS has been released, heres the info:

Andreas Seyfarth's Puerto Rico for the Nintendo DS
Here's the first release - there is now a menu that will allow you to select from two to four players - currently only the only available opponents are the dummy AI players (average score against eachother was about 26...), but as far as I can tell, the game logic is fully implemented. If the interface looks vaguely familiar, it's pretty much directly ripped from Ben Harrison's version.

The controls should be pretty self-explanatory - the stylus is the main controller, but there is limited support of the directional pad. Use the start button to pass.

Playing
The screenshots were taken from DeSmuME, the emulator I did most of the development with, although NO$GBA runs it without making my processor roar. To play it on your DS, you'll some extra hardware - I use the GBA Movie Player (GBAMP) with a Compact Flash card. There are a number of other solutions, but this is probably the least expensive.

Current limitations
° Still single player. Work on TCP/IP multiplayer will start soon.

° There's still that bug that'll let you get free colonists. It is convenient for testing, so I left it in. Enjoy!

° The AI is pitiful, and due to poor planning, may not get a whole lot better. I'm looking into this, and will probably work more on that before starting the multiplayer, since I only have one flashed DS.

° Please use the comment box at the bottom, or email me, or get in contact with me on BGG (johanb123) if you find more bugs (I know they're there...), have ideas for features, or whatever. This is still a work in progress, so adding/fixing is only going to get harder.

Future limitations
° At the present, I'm planning on having at least competent AI opponents, and multiplayer over the internet (hopefully compatible with benh's servers). However, there is currently no way for homebrew code to do the sort of single-cartridge multiplayer offered by licensed DS games, nor is there a way to do direct DS-DS linkage. Well, I'm sure there is a way, but I'm not working on it. Update: This guy has released a promising demo for doing exactly this - it still doesn't work, but it seems like just a matter of time before it will. Way cool.

Download and Give Feedback Via the Comments