Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can I ask a stupid question?

DCEmu Rookie

Default Can I ask a stupid question?

After taking a good read of the forums here, and surveying everything that is available for homebrew on the PSP I just happily bought, I have to ask the following question:

Why in hell is everyone (or at least the most vocally annoying people here) so angrily dead set against NOT buying GTA in order to load up homebrews and emulators? I mean, I understand why people who downgrade or refuse to upgrade their PSP's firmware choose to do so...but seriously.

Did you all buy your PSP's so you could ONLY run homebrews and Emulators and you never plan to buy any real PSP games?

GTA is a good game. Great? maybe not, but still fun. But it also allows you to run a hack that runs nearly all the available homebrews, and with the latest 2.6 Kernal exploit undoubtedly ALL of them will run perfectly soon. And if you don't get one NOW, or get a used one soon, you WON'T be able to do it anymore, since they've supposedly patched it.

Are you all just too cheap to actually buy GTA, or what? I mean seriously, you can get it used for like $25. It can't be about the money.

And if you don't want to use GTA to load up Homebrews, why not get a GP? The GP is far better and easier for running this stuff and there's much more available.

Oh right, I forgot. A GP won't run all those PSP ISOs most of you swear you never run and aren't allowed to talk about.

What a bunch of liars and hypocrites.

I would like to say a huge thanks to all the coders and crackers who help the rest of us who bought a PSP for the games to be able to play some "extra" stuff like homebrews and EMU's.

Now go ahead...flame me.

who ever said they were against buying gta to run homebrew on higher firewares i never readed a post that a user said they were against it in-fact iv read counless post of users telling users with other firware to buy gta to run homebrew with the amazing program e0loader by fanjita so where do you come in with the alligations that people are against buying gta

btw we are all against iso's except for the bad few that continue pirating ITS WRONG i for one dont even know were to start looking for one and i know the honest users here stay tru to there word and dont use iso's

DCEmu Rookie

In the past few days, I've seen AT LEAST 5 people on here say "I'll never buy GTA". on here.

And yeah - I feel the same way about ISOs, but then again, EVERYONE should feel the same way about the Roms you need to run most emulators. It's ALL PIRATED. It's ALL ILLEGAL, unless you own the original. Except of course if you did own the original PSP UMD for a game, and you run the ISO from your Memory Stick, you're not doing anything wrong.

Kinda sucks.

And no, I don't want to focus this thread on ISOs. I just wanted to ask why so many people seem so dead set against buying $20 & $30 games for a systems they spent $250 on.

the people that you seen that posted "i'll never buy gta". are probally the people that have 1.5 psp so it would be piontless to buy gta when they all ready have FULL HOMBREW CAPABILTY'S so why upgrade and have to buy gta to get hombrew that doesnt even run as well as 1.5 homebrew............remember that 2.1+ firware still cant run homebrew thru kernal mode (thou this might change due to the news that developers have finally got kernal to work on higher firewares) so this is why 1.5 users are against updating and losing there whole homebrew experience..........not to mention that most games for the psp so far arnt even that good not to take anything away from the certain few that are

btw roms are legal if you own a copy of the game your downloading and its not a hot issue and not pursued as much by law standerds but iso's are hard to determain whats right by law and its a hot issue and is presently debated by game developers and im sure sony has taken notice of this

firstly what a pointless thread, your making claims, which have no relevance to anything, and basically flaming everyone
    whats your problem, you seem so forceful that your rant is all righteous, but you complain about the very same thing. im starting to get very bored with newcomers starting threads just to slag everyone off.
    you need some internal reflection, take a walk and clear your head, you need it!

i feel a song coming on....
    "If you hate the taste of wine
    Why do you drink it until you're blind?
    And if you swear that there's no truth and who cares
    How come you say it like you're right?"
    (bright eyes)
    secondly
    unless you made the backup yourself it is definately illegal.. and even making a backup yourself a "grey" area...

DCEmu Rookie

All I wanted was people to answer my question.

How is buying games like GTA for a PSP pointless, regardless of which firmware your PSP has? It isn't. The game was made for the system.

If you only wanted a system to run homebrews, why did you buy a PSP? Why not buy a GP?

It just doesn't make a lot of sense. I came here looking for info and insight on the PSP, a system that I enjoy playing BOTH homebrews and Original PSP games on. Funny me, I would have though MOST people who came here to talk about the PSP actually liked playing PSP games on them. I guess I was just a bit disappointed at the fact that this board is fairly well dominated by PSP owners who want nothing to do with actual PSP games, and the ones who do nothing but whine about "whaaa why do I have to buy GTA to run all this illegal crap I'm not supposed to talk about, you coder guys suck...".

Like I said, beyond the mods and the actual coders, it seems like everyone here hates their PSP becasue it isn't fully customizable.

who are you
    why do you question what doesnt concern you
    people can do what the f**k they want, if they/we bought a psp, then they/we can do whatever we like with it, stop ranting you moron, why does it matter??????!

enough you are way to boring i vow to never post in this awful pointless thread ever again, if you want to continue flaming, then go ahead, no one is listening(reading?)
    GOOD DAY SIR!!

Default WHAT DO YOU WANT BRO...ITS A HOMEBREW PSP SITE....LMAO ...sorry to disapoint u..lmao

actually i have both a 1.5 and 2.6 and USE MY 2.6 with GTA EXPLOIT because its the best of both worlds all 40 of my real UMD games....all my homebrew and emulators work just as well as they did on my 1.5 .. so it truley is prefference.....before the announcement of the recent FULL KERNALL ACCESS GTA 2nd EXPLOIT for 2.5 and 2.6 users via gta....the ONLY REASON FOR HAVING MY 1.5 WAS KERNALL ACCESS 1 GAME....4 real....smash bros gp is the ONLY homebrew i couldnt play perfectly on 2.6 and now its a FACT that 2.6 can do ANYTHING a 1.5 can with the new exploit announced wait till the word gets spread....its gonna change ALOT of peeps tune around here ....word up....who wants to bet me and return to this thread in three months.....i just might know somthing you dont ......hehehehe

so lets not jump to conclusions you hardley got 2 know dc-emu and all its fine members in one quick look over the forums...we have a ton of OUTSTANDING contributers here as a modder and loyal dc-homie i can tell you there are actually MORE 2.0....2.01....2.5....2.6...users than u seem to be under the impression....that theres are....infact there are more 2.0+ users that 1.5 these days but some of us got both in the begining to save our selfs this headache like me so lets not JUMP THE GUN bro

Oh the hostility! Come on folks chill your spines!

carpy your still a new member and to post a thread like this just ranting and being hippicritical is just making you enemies stop the ranting and stop the flaming if your gonna cause this much hostilty here then just keep your opinions like this to yourself

thanx you

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information