Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help out with neo4all!!! i just cant get it right!

Default Help out with neo4all!!! i just cant get it right!

I must have wasted some 15 cds already and just cant get it working on my dreamcast( it wont load). so heres every little detail of how i tried to build and burn the image of the neo4all aes emulator with the svc chaos rom.

_ first of all, my computer is a 1.2 ghz pentium, 256 mb ram, 40gb hd, and 32 mb video card with windows xp as operational system.

first thing i converted svc chaos mvs to aes, and no doubt i did it right so i wont put details. second of all i made the structure of the cd with all the essential files, heres how i did it:

Neo4AES/ 1st.read.bin
    Neo4AES/ IP.bin
    Neo4AES/svcplus.aes
    Neo4AES/Neo4ALL(folder with the following files:
    background_aes.bmp, beep.wav, colors.txt, loading.bmp, memcard.bin, patch.prg, splash.aes.bmp,startup.bin,text2.bmp,text.bmp,wind ow.bmp)

then i tried to build a cdi image with boot dreams, i got a few errors but i eventually managed to do it and then i tried to burn it with alcohol, both in tao and raw dao, but it didnt work on the dreamcast. after doing the whole process again i used dreamboot(i believe its an older program) to build another image and burned it again with alcohol, but again it didnt worked...after that i tried using nrg images and burning them with nero many times, both with bootdreams and dreamboot but i couldnt get it to work.

note: i tried but i couldnt use the cdrecord mode with boot dreams, it displayed an error mesage when i tried...

i think thats it...i really thing i did everything right, but something must be wrong, and what is it? i apologise for my bad english, im brazilian and not used to writing in english.

any help would be welcome!!!

Default splash.aes.bmp

Quote Originally Posted by the_great duke
    ...folder with the following files:
    background_aes.bmp, beep.wav, colors.txt, loading.bmp, memcard.bin, patch.prg, splash.aes.bmp, startup.bin, text2.bmp, text.bmp, window.bmp)
    I hope you didn't make a typing mistake...

The name of that file is: SPLASH_AES.BMP

no, it was not a typing mistake.in my pc the file is named just like you said : splash_aes.bmp . its not case sensitive is it?

tipo, vc escreveu o nome do arquivo todo em letras maiusculas, no meu pc tá tudo em minusculas...

????

é bom ter um cara brasileiro para ajudar, fica bem mais fácil!! sou de Uruguaiana RS, bem na fronteira com a Argentina!!! enfim dá uma mão que tá dificil fazer esse negocio funcionar! será que vc não poderia me passar uma imagem pronta? já estou prestes a desistir de fazer a minha...ficaria mais facil...

ENGLISH

Man, I don't know if non-englis conversations are allowed here so i guess it's better for us to talk in english too. All right, now lets go back to the topic:

No, the files are not case sensitive. Maybe you're using a corrupted IP.BIN or maybe your 1STREAD.BIN is unscrambled (you must use the scrambled one in order to get a selfbootable disc).

If you're absolutely sure of making everything strictly right, then i have, at this moment, no more ideas of what's going on.

All I can tell you for now is that i verified everything and verified again, and over and over before burning the disc using a CDI image. I also remember that i didn't get errors while the bootdreams was making the image. After getting the image ready I burned it to a cdr-w to see if all the content was ok and after that, burned it to a regular cdr. If I remember anything else I'll post here.

PORTUGUESE:

Cara, não sei se são permitidas conversas em linguas diferentes do inglês então acho melhor escrever nas duas línguas pra que não sejamos banidos. Mas beleza, vamo ao que interessa:

Não, os arquivos não são case sensitive. Talvez seu ip.bin esteja corrompido ou então vc tá usando um unscrambled 1st.read.bin (pra ser self-boot vc tem que ter o scrambled).

Se vc tem ABSOLUTA certeza de que fez todo o resto RIGOROSAMENTE certo, não tenho, por enquanto, mais nenhuma idéia do que possa ser...

Posso te dizer que verifiquei tudo várias vezes (também perdi alguns discos) antes de passar pro cd usando uma imagem CDI. Lembro também de não ter tido erros durante o processo de formação da imagem pelo bootdreams. Depois que a imagem foi feita, eu a gravei pra um cdr-w pra ver se o conteúdo estava ok e só depois passei prum cdr normal. Se eu lembrar de mais alguma coisa eu posto aqui.

maybe the problem is with the 1st.read.bin just like youre saying... but how do i know if its scrambled or unscrambled? and about the corrupt IP.bin...how can i check it? it was bootdreams who made this file for me...

Perhaps you're right, if everyone would post in their native language, these forums would be impossible to read for anyone... ^^

To me it's pretty okay if you guys type in Portoguese tho, as long as you also post an English translation... but then again it would be impossible to check for the mods and to track down on what you guys really are talking about.

Duke - I posted an reply to your initial post a while back:
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=15957

Anyway, I prepared a package for you that should help you with burning your Neo4All disc:

http://www.dcevolution.net/dsdevelop...ter-Kit-v1.zip

Hope it helps.

thanks a lot christuserloeser!!! i think i just found out that the problem is in the burning process... i tried to burn the neo4all test image with discjugler and with alcohol( tao mode) and the the dreamcast wont read it!!( it does a really loud sound of reading thats it). i have already sucessfully dowloaded and burned 2 images :scummvm and dchakker, and i had no trouble with any of them...what can i be doing wrong?

Sounds like you're using CDRWs or something. You can only use CDRs.

It could also be possible that it's your Dreamcast that's getting old and tired (I mean the laser)... Does DCHakker still boot ?

no, no for sure. im using 700 mb migra cd-r. the dchaker still boots, and i got many burned games and etc, plus some 20 gds and they all run fine.the lens are just fine, im the one whos geting old and tired trying to make this thing work, it must be some voodoo or something . anyway i still got 3 cds left to burn and if i dont get it, i will give up...i had enough of it.i will try giving more details and see if you can figure something out: before i burn an image with alcohol, i get the following feedback: the cd has 2 sessions and 2 tracks...is that how a dc cd must be?i also tried to make image and burn it out of that folder among your files(Neo4allCE).but to no avail...im was really surprised that the test image didnt work when i burned it and it turns out im just perplex...im waiting for your sugestions to try to burn it again( last times) if you also give up on figuring whats wrong just post the info. and anyway im really thankfull for you trying to help out. that was nice of you.

also, is there somewhere where i can get a image for neo4all cd?or i have to make my own image just like aes?perhaps i should give up on aes and try this one out...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information