Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sony PSP Camera to be 1.3 Megapixel

um...

I already have a 6.1 megapixel camera, and another VGA camera in my cell phone. why do I need another one again?

DCEmu Regular

Ok, I doubt the camera will be used in hardly any games...
    but we should eventually be able to use it in our homebrew apps and games, and that will be cool.

1.3 megapixels is pretty lame considering how good many mobile phone cameras are...
    but once we see how sony put the camera on the psp, someone is bound to find away to use their own one!

Quote Originally Posted by zackforbing
    um...

I already have a 6.1 megapixel camera, and another VGA camera in my cell phone. why do I need another one again?
    Agreed.. Ive got a 2 megapixel camera on my phone with autofocus and zoom - what exactly would I really need this for??

sony will obviously make us update because there retarded. If they were smart though, they would make it usable on ALL firmwares so it would sell better and therefore give them more $ which is what they want and all companies want right?

DCEmu Newbie

Default slickrik

You would have thought it would have been at least a 3mp camera so it would do that lovely psp screen some justice and to think that the new sony erikksons have at least a 2mp camera shame on you sony!!

DCEmu Newbie

Exclamation Crazy about this

Hey Dudes!!
    Think about what homebrews can do with this camera!
    it's just about the homebrew scene to take advantages of this gadget. you say you got one on your cell phone...okay, do you have enough memory on it? PSP can handle more than 1GB, you can use it to record for up to 3 hours of video (I hope theres a mic bundled within), lets start, speech recognition(text authoring, voice typing, vocal commands, write everything with your voice), video conferencing, party recordings, big 16/9 TFT screen to playback(compared to mobiles), Look at the logiteck orbitMP (http://www.abrutis.com/video.php?id=1470),
    There's alot of stuff that can take part of it, think in a MMORPG (ONLINE PSP, HARD DRIVE, CAMERA FOR FACE RECOGNITION, MICROPHONE. Here it goes for a really huge mass selling of PSPs!

The dial on the left is to secure it to the top, like the Talkman...
    My mobile phone is 1.3 and the pictures don't look all that amazing. Oh well...

Atleast it will look slick, stuck to the top of your PSP hah

I'm probably gonna get it due to the fact that i updated to 2.71. This camera might add some more freedom to this new firmware.

DCEmu Regular

20 bucks tops is what ill pay for that. my dads got a better camera on his cell phone. my cell phone camera might even be able to compete with that

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by mr_nick666
    Agreed.. Ive got a 2 megapixel camera on my phone with autofocus and zoom - what exactly would I really need this for??
    A Sony Ericson K750i? Or maybe a W800i. Or Nokia N90. Anyway yeah some cameraphones have better MP than this. My Nokia is already on 2.0 Megapixel with flash. So this really isnt that ground breaking. Sony could have added a better camera since they have experience with Cyber-Shot and Power-Shot camera line.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information