Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NEOGEO Emulator for PSP beta 2

DCEmu Newbie

To be precise,this is what I read:ERROR:CRC32 not correct."Europe MVS (Ver.2)" Press any button. Help!

Forgot to mention: Pulstar! - I Love Shmups!

DCEmu Rookie

I was just looking at the authors homepage, and he posted a beta 2 bug fix. (eboot only) that apparently lets games like Metal Slug 3, etc. run.

http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/...ta2_bugfix.zip

I haven't tried it yet, but hey it sounds cool.

The authors also says that he's kind of lost the motivation to work on this project at the moment, so he's going to concentrate on fixing some bugs in NeoGeo CDZ instead.

He also says there are a lot of things that he would have liked to fix but couldn't, so unless something really dramatic happens soon the next release won't be for a couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by xiringu
    i'm totally hooked to all these websites, checking every minute for the last piece of software to test out.

what I mean is...new games are great, but look at us...we are not expecting new games, but the same old ones to work a bit better...and every fps more or a new option that makes us play the same old games we used to play and we long for is (for me) much better that the sensation of getting a brand new game to play.
    Yeah, I feel the same way. PSP Emulation & homebrew in general is much more exciting than any commercial PSP game. It is very addicting. You find yourself constantly scouring all of these sites for new info, releases, etc.

NJ is an amazing coder. period. The Neo CDZ EMU of his is remarkable. And now this. Thank you very much NJ!

Quote Originally Posted by oninotsume
    I was just looking at the authors homepage, and he posted a beta 2 bug fix. (eboot only) that apparently lets games like Metal Slug 3, etc. run.

The authors also says that he's kind of lost the motivation to work on this project at the moment, so he's going to concentrate on fixing some bugs in NeoGeo CDZ instead.
    A beta 2 fix? Already? Awesome! Does Metal Slug 3 REALLY play? Its sad to learn that NJ may be putting this EMU to rest for a while. I'm comforted however, that he plans to continue CDZ and he's not giving up the projects.

Two postive things:

1.) NJ works & codes with an unreal determination & dedication.

2.) New developments may open up more doors and maybe make it easier for coders like NJ to make improvements in their work.

The future is looking brighter and brighter for the PSP

He also says there are a lot of things that he would have liked to fix but couldn't, so unless something really dramatic happens soon the next release won't be for a couple of months.
    Thanks for the heads up oninotsume

Thumbs down Wtf...

Quote Originally Posted by oninotsume

That sucks that he's lost motivation so early in the beta stages of this project. This emu pwns. Besides, what's wrong with NeoGeoCDZ? It's literally perfect. It's by far one of the best emus out there. Oh well, we can enjoy what we have for now until things get rolling again. Beta2 is still great however.

NJ dont do it we all depend on you the CDZ is basically perfect what more can be possibli fixed in it you still rule best coders NJ & ZX

Quote Originally Posted by Acidburn05
    NJ dont do it we all depend on you the CDZ is basically perfect what more can be possibli fixed in it you still rule best coders NJ & ZX
    The TYL team (http://yoyofr.fr.st/) should be added to the 'best coders' list. Snes9xTYL 0.4.2.ME is an excellent EMU. Also, NJ's Neo CDZ EMU is based off of TYL's NeoCD EMU.

It is good news that NJ wants to perfect Neo CDZ. It gives us an even better EMU and then when he feels it is perfect, I'm sure he will continue with this NeoGeo EMU. Keep up the excellent work NJ. I know you are in Japan but you have huge global support.

DCEmu Rookie

I discovered something guys if you want to save some space on the MS:
    Given that the newer games don't have sound you can delete the sound roms from the zip to save space, this are the "v's" ones (V1,V2,V3,V4, etc).

ATTENTION: Be sure to keep a complete romset backup for the time when the games will have sound.

DCEmu Rookie

Just a little update.

Metal Slug 3 works. A little choppy, but good.

Back to work...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information