Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ridge Racer Returns on PSP

Blog Entries

psp Ridge Racer Returns on PSP

News from IGN

The latest issue of Famitsu contains first details on the sequel, titled Ridge Racers 2 in Japan. Ridge Racers 2 continues where the PSP launch title left off, complete with a return of the nitro system, as well as all the drift-based racing that makes the series what it is.

Ridge Racers 2 adds a number of new modes to the original. In addition to the World Tours, Time Attack and Wireless Battle (still with 8 player ad-hoc support) from the original, you can now take part in Arcade, Duel and Survival modes. Arcade mode is set up like an arcade racer, where you attempt to reach a goal in a set time and earn additional time when crossing check points. Specifics on the Duel and Survival modes have yet to be revealed.

Bandai Namco is packing the title with cars and tracks. The game will include the highest number of courses yet seen in a Ridge Racer game. This includes 18 courses from previous games, spanning Ridge Racer to R4: Ridge Racer Type 4, none of which were in the original Ridge Racers. In terms of cars, the game promises six machine classes, each with three cars to begin with. You can expect a bunch of secret cars as well, include two special classes.

Ridge Racers 2 is being directed by Hironori Iriuchi, with game design by Mao Onaka. Both are somewhat new to the series. Onaka previously worked on Critical Velocity, and this is his first time working on a Ridge game. Iriuchi started work on the Ridge series with the first PSP title.

weres the link to the game

the first ridge racer that came out for psp was great. I still play it regularly, so im looking forward to this next installation

DCEmu Regular

Ridge Racers was one of the main reasons I bought a psp at the japanese launch. I still play it to death. Nice to know a sequel is comming out!

Woot, Ridge Racer!! Riiiiiiidge Raaacer!!!

i might get it but ridge racer 1 gets really repetitive race and drift race and drift boring

DCEmu Regular

I take it you're not a big racing fan.

yes i love racing games i just think ridge racer is repetitive and not that great of a reward when you finish a race just a faster car i think i like the mini game
    better than the acctual game

Ridge Racers is not that good you know.

It gets boring after a while, and hey, there are more racing games out and better, like NFS:Most Wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud_35
    Ridge Racers is not that good you know.

It gets boring after a while, and hey, there are more racing games out and better, like NFS:Most Wanted.
    Yeah I never got this game yet. On launch day I bought Need for Speed Underground: Rivals instead.

Is this game THAT good? Better, worse, or equal to the Need for Speed games?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information