Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Beware of Fake Downgraders

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

psp Beware of Fake Downgraders

Seems a lot of people have been buzzing about some new "downgraders" which apparently allow 2.01+ users to downgrade back down to 1.5. Please remember that the only and I mean the only working downgrade is for v2.0 PSP's. Anyone claiming to have a downgrader for v2.01 or above is just trying to either rip you off or trying to brick your PSP. Occasionally an advert for a fake downgrader will appear in the google ads within different PSP webpages.

I should add that a legit test downgrader is currently under development by PSP coder Dark Alex, but in its current stage it will almost guarantee that your PSP is bricked so I suggest staying away from it for now.

Remember that some PSP sites are posting the 2.5/2.6 Downgrader but it has bricked a lot of PSPs so until you read it here do not try it, remember safety first

can't those new modchips downgrade or unbrick psps?
    (btw hope it isnt against rules to mention modchip)

-if you are thinking of trying the one by dark alex it should NOT be done with model TA-082-

remember whats at risk here folks

DCEmu Newbie

Yeah m8, thnx for the info. I knew it that the D/grader was fake. Someone from www.psp-hacks.com has risked his psp by trying out the downgrader. And yes, as expected, he bricked his. So, I think the most of us is already warned about this.

why do idiots do this fake stuff

Im a beliver that sony has people out there posting this sort off stuff to prevent the movement.

Well with the Kernal exploit recently found, a "Test Downgrader" has been released. Not for the average user and mainly for testing and perfecting a potential future downgrader for the masses.

This new test downgrader has brought both good and bad results so it is true. Don't attempt to downgrade your 2.01+ psp just yet.

It was interesting to learn of a successful downgrade from 2.60 to 1.50. However I guess there were a few strange side effects.

But if all of this is true so soon after a "proof of concept" kernel exploit, this could bring good things to 2.01+ PSP owners who want to enjoy the full potential of PSP homebrew.

It is also important to note that some conspiracy theorist believe that some of the recent 'buzz' has been cleverly created by Sony as a diversion to turn people away from homebrew and slow down developers. This is unlikely, but it would be amusing if Sony did set up a counter-homebrew task force, lol. If they have, they are no doubt scouring these forums......

So lets all say to the enemies of homebrew, YOU WILL NEVER WIN!

DCEmu Newbie

ok first off how could u brick ur psp firmware 2.01+ with some fake downgraders if u can't even access flash0 yet since fanjita hasn't made an eloader that works with full kernal mode

so if u can't access flash0 wtf u can't downgrade/brick ur 2.01+ psp's, right plz correct me if im wrong thanx

yea its complety fake this was posted on the homepage of www.psp-hacks.com
    one of our users risked his 2.60 PSP and...

June 29, 2006
    2.60 Downgrader Test Tested…
    Posted by Josh

NEWS: 2.60 DOWNGRADER TEST TESTED

Listen up folks, I just official risked my version 2.60 PSP and I went ahead and ran the Downgrader Test that was made availiable today and lets just say I am not a happy camper. After reading the instructions very carefully like eight times, I got the needed 1.5 files from the web (forum) and I placed them in the correct locations on the memory stick. Once I checked everything at least three times for consistency, I ran and got my GTA UMD. I crossed my fingers and ran the Downgrader Test from the eloader. The mem stick started to flash wildly just like the instructions said it would and I waited for 2 minutes after the mem stick light went off and I rebooted my PSP by holding the power button. Just like the instructions said to do. Now I am sitting here with a bricked psp! Now of course I took that risk in my own hands but I wanted to prove or disprove it for everyone. To finally have some sort of ground to work from.

Now, if you people would be so kind as to donate ANYTHING, any amount of money for me to get a modchip so I can ressurect my PSP from the grave that would be greatly appreciated. I know I took the risk and it backfired, but I wanted to provide a service for my homebrew community and my personal knowledge. If you want me to continue to be a part of this wonderful homebrew scene, please find in you at least a dollar or so to spare for the MODCHIP fund. You can donate using the link below.

P.S. My girlfriend got me this for Christmas and she is going to be PISSED if I don’t fix it. Please Help!

ya, i dont know how you could brick a 2.01+ at the moment (other than throwing it out a window )

ps: why doesnt google images work on the psp browser? it used to work...

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I should add its possible a new downgrader may surface someday but at this moment MPH's 2.00-1.50 downgrader is the only that actually works. Again unless something has been posted by a credible site don't try it.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information