Thread: The Fourth Creation Game Competition Results

Blog Entries

psp The Fourth Creation Game Competition Results

News from PS2Dev

PS2 Competition
    We had two judges in the end for the ps2 competition. With only two entries the winner was clear. Well done to Jbit for his PS2 Racer entry.

PS2 Racer: 28.0
    PS2 Space Invaders: 21.5
    PSP Competition

We had three judges in the end for the psp competition. With five entries it was a close competition between everyone. I want to mention that both Break-In and Jump Gunnar, Jump had no sound. Having any sound at all would have brought up their result considerably. In the end Droplets nudged out PSPTris with some extra points for originality. Well done to Drakonite for winning this entry.

Droplets for PSP: 34.6
    PSPTris: 31.5
    Meeku's Quest: 25.6
    Break-In: 23.5
    Jump Gunnar, Jump!: 19.6

Default YIP-FRIKKIN-EY...YET ANOTHER PUZZLE GAME??!!! WTF ps2 dev ???

JUMP GUNNAR JUMP IS STILL VETTA'S FAV
    and to me has alot of potential then i ALSO THINK IRIS should have won the other comp. these compititions results seem crazy wrong to me
    its ALOT easier to impliment sound for a puzzle game and there are TONS of them....WTF no decent 2d side scrolling shooters HB even EXISTED before JGJ and somehow JGJ is the black sheep F-UK SOUND!!! its the best engine ive seen since SMW ....
    ill BET this is a fav among the brew in 6 months who wants to bet after the new features get updated and the creator makes a " halo zero worthy engine with vehicles 2 " or some other cool implimentations this will be HUGE and we will forget all about the droplets because it will be JUST ANOTHER PUZZLE GAME FOR THE HUGE LIST OF PUZZLE HB wheres the variety in that??? i dont understand HOW this could be better

its easier to code....less longevety potential
    less replay value ( not moddable as JGJ ive made a halo mod and mega man x mod,stewy griffin from family guy already ....res evil,devel may cry and metroid, metal slug, and festers quest , are a few yet to come from the EXCELENT JGJ ENGINE

WHAT THE SCENE REALLY NEEDS : QUALITY GAMES OF THESE GENRE'S

RPG'S ( no decent ones )

HB RACERS ( no decent ones )

HB 2d side scrolling shoters ( like JGJ ) WTF PS2DEV

HB fighting games ( no decent ones)

(like tekken,street fighter,mortal kombat style hb fighting games)

now JGJ offers a GENRE that previously seemed to be overlooked and it also was PUSHED to hit the deadline.......now not to put anyone down......but we have TONS of puzzle HB and MOST OF IT GETS OLD IN A WEEK OF PLAY ( other than boxy and bejeweled) and besides that there are SO many to choose from BECAUSE THEY ARE STRAIT UP EASIER TO CODE!! sorry but i just think we need more VARIETY not more stupid PUZZLE GAMES???!!!!

DCEmu Rookie

I would partly agree. The top 2 were puzzles. They took the easy way out. I'm pretty the most work was done on Meeku's Quest and Jump Gunnar Jump, but due to the simplicity of puzzles it can be made in but a day and win a competition.

I would like to see some individual scores, personally, so I can understand how the games got their results.

Jump Gunar Jump was pushed foward imensely. At PSPSMM were working on build 1.20 which is going to have some crazy features and this is going to be almost exactly what we would have liked to submit.

PSP Coder

i sadly forgot about this compo with beeing so busy at work.

I wont disapoint for the neo coding compo tho.

Thread Information