Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: DevHook UMD Version v0.41d (Play Newer UMD Games on v1.5 PSPs)

Blog Entries

psp DevHook UMD Version v0.41d (Play Newer UMD Games on v1.5 PSPs)

First off thanks to Booster for the original release of Devhook but because of legalitys we would not post it, but thanks to JasonUK we can now post the fully legal (Yes DCEmu is all about legal homebrew not ISOs unlike other suposed homebrew sites) version of this great application.

Basically Devhook allows you to play nearly all new UMD PSP Games on your v1.5 PSP, which as we know is the best for PSP Homebrew.

With thanks to Kaiser and Shadowprophet all the downloads and release info can be found via the Comments.

Download and Give Feedback/Compatibility Via Comments
    Strictly NO ISO Discussion

Blog Entries

Thanks to Shadowprophet for this info

The tutorial

Hello everyone One word Devhook! What's devhook you ask?
    Simply the best thing to ever hit 1.5 firmware's,
    This is firmware emulation were talking about people!

tools needed

2.0 firmware
    2.5 firmware
    pspbrew

and of course the devhook application

That's right fully working emulation in later firmware's on the 1.5 psp

There's some things you need to know of course,

Like for instance to emulate to emulate a firmware you need to have that firmware and prep it using pspbrew, This is actually really simple to do. Firstly of course, You need to download and install devhook (making absolutely sure that all files are in there correct places on the memstick. this should be simple as the devhook is ready to drag and drop right onto your memstick)

Now on to the trickier part.

you just load the firmware (which is provided for download Via dcemu). into pspbrew (also provided Via Dcemu) like it was any other eboot. once its loaded you will be looking at the advanced information window on the bottom, look for a file in the list files box on the right called (DATA.PSAR) highlight that file and click the extract file tab under the list files box.

Now place this Extracted file on the very root of your memstick,

Now instead of running regular devhook, your going to need to run the devhook firmware installer, this was provided in the devhook package.

The firmware installer will magically find your dumped firmware
    just select which firmware you wish to install and intergrade it into the devhook program (this takes a few minuets and is kind Of nifty to watch lol)

repeat this process with both of the provided firmware's Its highly recommended to use both, (*note devhook does not yet support higher firmware's its not recommended to try any other firmware's then those provided with this post.)

Once both firmware's are installed go ahead and run DEVHOOK 0.41
    with the settings:

UMD-MODE = UMD DISK
    UMD VERSION = 2.xx -> 2.00
    FIRMWARE = 2.50+2.00
    CPU CLOCK= 222 if you want WIFI i believe
    BOOT SELECT= reboot XMB

then press start and it should load a 2.50 firmware just like a brand new PSP.

Oh lol one last note. before you flip out and and say I WAS SCREWED!! im stuck with an upgraded psp!

Note that firmware emulation can not be ended using the home key lol.

I mean its firmware man lol where's it gonna home too? :P

to end a emulated firmware, you have to power down the psp completely and upon reboot your magically back to your 1.5 firmware

Enjoy!!

Link to psp firmware 2.0 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=62I7HFCU

Link to psp firmware 2.50 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7SDIVD4Q

I have been using this for awhile now, and it is great!. But we need to find a way to dump firmware 2.7 that way we can emulate it.

wow this is awesome

Iv had this for a while but I still cant get my MM Powered up to work because it needs 2.60!

DCEmu Regular

Just let u know, it work fine with "king kong"
    No luck with "me and my katamari".

Doesnt the current dev hook run UMD's ?

I ran the GTA UMD and smackdown vs raw and some game that want to install 2.60 and it worked

PSP User

This is awsome indeed. I have been missing GTA and socom since I downgraded back to 1.5. I guess I only have one question...This doesn't actually use the flash does it?? I'd Like to avoid flashing my PSP too much have only done it twice. upgraded once, downgraded once.

Talking DevHook Baby! Finally it will not be ignored...

I also have been using DevHook for a while and it is remarkable. Do you have a 1.50 PSP? Want to transform it into a 2.50 PSP AND play 2.60+ games? Then you have come to the right place..

DevHook
    Many will have no idea what this is and may find it overwhelming at first. ITS NOT! - Its one of the best things for 1.50 PSP's. I'll help more with that at the end.

Welcome to heaven. Heres what your 1.50 PSP can now do:

1.) Play pretty much EVERY PSP game. Even 2.60+ games like Loco Roco, Super Monkey Ball, Tomb Raider, etc. etc.

2.) Perfectly emulate higher firmwares (up to 2.50 currently, soon even higher firmwares could be emulated) This means a fully working Sony Web Browser, Location Free TV player, Better audio & video codecs, & much more.

3.) Show off how your 1.50 PSP can now outperform 2.60 PSP's. You can run PSP games, the web browser, etc. at a higher CPU clock speed. This gives NOTICEABLE speed and performance increases. No more will you have to listen to the jealous kiddies who force themselves into believing that there is no point to 1.50 and 2.60 is better blah blah blah...

4.) This is perfectly safe. It does not flash the PSP in any way and has been proven to cause no harm whatsoever.

~ I'm tired of this ISO talk Voltron, here's a one week ban for you. You cannot disscuss DAX PAC. The only reason your not getting a fuller ban is the huge amount of homebrew help and the quality of the majority of your posts. Next time we won't be so forgiving. ~ Kaiser

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information