Hi guys, John Mayer here. I know it's been a while since I've "touched base," but you know I've been pretty busy with my fourth album launch, y'know, the "heartbreak handbook"? About that anti-Twitter girl?
Anyway, Imma here to let you know that I think you should all take a one week digital cleanse. Defragment your mind, man—I'm talking about your mental and psychological hard drive!
Here's what I wrote on my Tumbly-blog-thang about my super-cool idea:
"The cleanse will begin at 9am on January 1. This gives everyone a chance to text and tweet their new year's well wishes, and theoretically begins upon waking up the morning of January 1. The cleanse will end at 9am on January 8.
Guidelines:
*email only from laptop or desktop computers
*cell phones can only be used to make calls, and no text messages or e-mails are allowed - if you receive a text, you must reply in voice over the phone. E-mails must be returned from a laptop or desktop computer.
*no use of Twitter or any other social networking site - this includes reading as well as posting.
*no visiting of any entertainment or gossip sites. (No need to detail which ones - you know what they are.)"
I probably shoulda thought of those people who don't wake up until after 9am on New Year's Day, clutching their vodka-soaked stomachs. But hey, I'm a clean-living soul, remember?
I'll leave you with the final words of encouragement from my blog. Put on Eye of the Tiger, or a super-positive song, maybe even my hit single Gravity if you're up for the power. Say these words with me, people, come on:
"This can be done, people. Do it with me. When we pop back up on the grid on January 8, let's trade stories on what it felt like, how hard it was, and maybe how hard it actually wasn't."
Peace, JM.
———
Wise words from our buddy John Mayer there. Just so you know, we're taking his advice and are hanging up our internet connections tomorrow for a week. Sorry readers—we know you were looking forward to our CES coverage next week, but Mayer's right. Peace. We're off to do some serious defragmentation.
Image Credit: Newsgroper

</img>
</img>
</img> </img> </img> </img>

More...