Thread: Metal Slug 3D - PS2

Blog Entries

ps2 Metal Slug 3D - PS2

News from Lik Sang

For 10 years the Metal Slug series has provided us with 'hard as nails' challenges, gained an ever growing cult following, and done it all in old school 2D. After a decade however SNK Playmore decided to try a 3D edition on the PS2, and from the moment it was announced fans will have been split between either loving or loathing it, all without playing it of course. Famitsu on the other hand have played it, and their very respectable review of 28/40 was the highest a Metal Slug title has received in a long time, meaning if you can get over the change, fans will indeed be rewarded. Those who do can take five playable characters and battle through ground air and sea. As you progress you'll earn skill points which beef up your characters firepower, accuracy and such, but much more exciting is the fact using parts you salvage from the battlefield, you can customize your vehicle, or if you have enough, create an entirely new one!

There's a training mode to help noobs saddle up for the front lines, plus a radar and both manual and auto lock-on aiming modes to help you adjust to the added dimension. Thankfully it also takes more than one hit to knock you down here, but the better you play, the more medals you'll earn and have to look back on with honor later. Then after completing single player mode there's a movie player and jukebox to unlock, the ability to adjust character's colors, plus a mini-game where you must escape the Rebellion Army as a prisoner of war within a time limit. Available now, give Metal Slug 3D a try, or if you're firmly sticking to the 2D titles, pre-orders are being taken now for Metal Slug 6 due on 27th of next month!

what!?!?!?!? don't do 3d!!!!!! just jeep it 2d but make it longer for a change plz!!!!!!! metal slug 4 was a BEACH at hard lvl...but then again i'm more happy playing alien hominid....still strikes me as amazing that a flash game managed to b remade for ps2..it's just well my dream for summit like that to happen to me. Though who'd wanna play stickman kombat of mortals on a ps2?? (it's crap anyway FLASH is hard to do) oops i'm going away from the topic...whooops

Thread Information