i go write and test games XD
News via http://www.dreamcast.es/news.php?readmore=326
Happy New Year! If the raretés soys not go out partying ... congratulations. Here is the payoff to the mystery of the G (GEGEGEGE. ..) xD
Dreamcast G is .. GENS4ALL!
Some were right, and others not. But what I know is we're going to enjoy.
What is running a version WIP (Work In Progress). That is, a beta (rather alpha) Gens emulator for Dreamcast.
There have been many changes since the first version (preview 1) back in March 2008. Most notable is the increase in compatibility games. Although he still lacks enough speed so that it can run on 100% (sed understandableBecause if not everything works properly).
Any comments you can provide (at that X game does not work or is buggy graphics ...) will be very welcome: D
GENS4ALL is an emulator for the Sega Genesis console (in Europe and Japan is known as the Sega Mega Drive).
This emulator is based on the excellent emulator Gens (Genesis Emulator) but better in many respects and yet making it multiplatform (Windows, Linux, PSP and Dreamcast).
Chui Fox68k and maintain and improve this emulator, indiketes meintras that neoblasts are responsible and try and detect the maximum number of errors.
- 2 SH4 assemblies for DC.
* FAME: M68000 very fast emulator written 100% in SH-4 assembly code.
* FAZE: Z80 emulation code written 100% in SH-4 assembler.
- FM sound emulation (Yamaha YM2612) by Stéphane Dallongeville.
- Emulation of Maxim's PSG sound (more laboratory accurate than GENS).
- Implementation with SDL Chui (Multiplatform Win, Linux, PSP, DC).
- Emulation of the pad 3 and 6 buttons.
- File Explorer with access to subdirectories.
- Supports roms. Bin and. Smd
- Allows you to load roms compressed in GZip format, Zip and 7-Zip.
- Main menu full: frameskip control, region selector, hardware reset, cartridge info ...
- Multilanguage interface (i18n): Spanish and English included.
- Possibility to use Game Genie codes and / or ACTION REPLAY.
- Support of the VMU (Dreamcast) to save games (SRAM) and play states.
- Support VGA Box with 50/60Hz selector (Dreamcast).
- Support for Arcade Stick (Dreamcast).
Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
That's really great...
Admin of SEGA-DC.DE
OMG!! It's almost been an ENTIRE year ! I hate to say it, but you guys SUCK!!!! If your progress is going to continue to be this slow, then just Give Up!! I mean HELLO !??!? this is the Dreamcast we are talking about. Even if you own one, it probably doesn't work anymore. For gods sakes, I don't even wanna try burning this Version because you guys make no mention of any speed increases. FOR Christ's Sakes.. GenesisPlusDC/WT was better than this Years ago !!!! and I know no one else wants to say it, but Pick 1 project to work on and STICK to it. Don't hop from NeoGeo to SNES to Genesis to PSX..... Pick 1 just 1 and only 1 and NAIL IT..... I realize you will delete this, but at least now you know
I say let them be, they are entitled to go about their projects how they wish. At least they are still providing updates to their projects. Unlike a lot of other emulator authors..
- My Dreamcast works fine, thanks
- This is a hobbyist project, we are doing it without ANY obligation.
- About the project, we prefer a better simulation of the system than only speed. Take as example MAME project. If you only want to play Genesis games, use a real Genesis / PC emu :-P
- Finaly, it is free... If you don't like it, don't use it. Simple as that...
- Instead of critisism, any HELP will be more positive than this. Respect m8!
Almost every project released for the Dreamcast community has been created as a hobby, a sideline, something to do between school, work, spending time with wives, girlfriends, children - all these people have lives, they do not stay glued to a chair typing code.
Patience is a virtue.
Game 'X' runs too slow.
Game 'Y' has graphic glitches.
Game 'Z' doesn't load.
Any feedback about the software performance will do, positive or negative, that's the only way to help any project along.
Variety is the spice of life.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)