Thread: N64 Flash Cart Released - The Best News Ever for Nintendo 64 Fans ?

Blog Entries

N64 N64 Flash Cart Released - The Best News Ever for Nintendo 64 Fans ?

Like most people i brought the N64 the day it was released in the UK and if i remember correctly it was a 250 Pound purchase with one controller, since then the release of UltraHLE was a major major event in emulation history infact that and Bleem remain in my view the biggest 2 breakthroughs of emulation history.

Since then on every console that ive tried homebrew on ive wanted a decent N64 emulator but at the moment there isnt one thats perfect, but many decent tries

Ive always fancied one of those Doctor 64s/Z64s but they were very expensive and prone to breaking and once they do its hard to get them repaired.

Finally last year Neoflash announced they were making a Flash Cart for the N64, finally my dreams were answered.

Its been a long wait since they first announced the cart but today finally the cart goes on sale and im sure many like me will be wanting one of these as soon as possible.

Heres the details from Neoflash and screens:

NEO N64 Myth cart SPEC v2

* Support the N64 rom size up to 512M
    * Support all save type perfectly included the flash save, not need the same save type N64 game cart to work together
    * Support 100% N64 games perfectly
    * Download games from PC to NEO2 cart directly via USB port
    * Upload/overwrite game save to PC via USB directly
    * Multi-CIC support, can use any N64 cart to boot Neo Myth on N64 console
    * Support Multi games, can download 2 games at the same time and swap the game via switch
    * Can select the N64 menu run from Neo2 game cart or N64 inner menu flash (under developing still)
    * Upgradeable! Support upgrade the N64 Myth cart CPLD logic core through the NDP upgrade kit

The Neo N64 Myth Cart looking,can use the Neo2 series flash cart:

The N64 Myth cart back view:

The N64 Myth retail packing

N64 App download:
    http://www.neoflash.com/myth/NEO2Ult...091230_N64.zip

On sale now at IC2005.com

DCEmu Regular

$199????
    I think there's a prankster about. Where are you, you little devil?!

I like N64 but for $199 i could probably buy a copy of every N64 game i'd want to play.

DCEmu Newbie

royvedas that was pretty funny!

DCEmu Newbie

So does this mean that roms can be emulated better by this cartridge dump? if so then damn, somebody get one and start uploading roms lol jk I had an N64 too loved it, but sold. Games/dvd etc should end up on a certain memory card (specific to w/e system) in future, or no?

DCEmu Coder

The NeoFlash carts are a bit pricey, but worth it to people who still use these old consoles. Ever pull out a 15 to 20 year-old cart and have to clean the edges first to get it to work? And then it sometimes STILL doesn't work? Don't want to drag a 100 carts to Grandma's for the holidays, just the N64? Want to run homebrew?

If you answered yes to any/all of those, start saving up your money and buy a Neo Myth. You won't regret it.

DCEmu Rookie

My gripe is that after using N64 emulators that the original games look pixilated especially on my projector and 80 inch movie screen.

Thread Information