Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: new downgrader surfaces just what the developers have said from there mouth

Default new downgrader surfaces just what the developers have said from there mouth

originally posted by mathieulh at psp updates

to be used at your own risk. Althouth IT HAS BEEN TESTED SUCCESSFULY it is STILL A BETA.

PASSWORD : I_USE_AT_MY_OWN_RISKS

BEWARE IT'S STILL UNTESTED ON TA-082 HARDWARE !

DON'T EVER FORGET TO THANKS DARK_ALEX and YOSHIHRO Thanks to whom all of this has been possible

Downgrader Test for 2.50/2.60 by Dark_AleX
    With the help of yoshihiro and mathieulh from SXT

We thanks everyone who bricked their psp in the past while testing the older revisions of this software

This is a WORKING downgrader see http://alex.lan.st/downdater.mp4

This software is free , and i'm not responsable if it causes damages to your psp.
    If you use this software, you agree that you are using this program at your own risk and that you won't blame the author for that.

"Someone told me that a downgrader for 2.50/2.60 was impossible. How does this work?"

This one uses another more risked technique (and i repeat: untested) than the mph downgrader.
    It uses some sony libraries found in the 1.50 updater to perform the most critical steps, the logical format of the flash, and the ipl writing. See technical details for more info about how it works.

This software requires that someone with a 1.50 runs a little program and send you the output so you can init the downdate process. (by legal reasons i cannot provide those files directly, that's why this is needed).
    The 1.50 program is TOTALLY safe, it only dumps the flash of a 1.50 user and it also extracts some special prx's found in the 1.50 updater.

Technical details
    ------------------

This program performs the following operations.

- It loads the ipl_update.prx and lflash_fatfmt.prx from the 1.50 updater.

- It performs a logical format of the flash0 partition using the function
    sceLflashFatfmtStartFatfm t found in the lflash_fatfmt.prx

- It writes a dump of the 1.50 flash0 to the flash0.

- It writes the Initial Program Loader (Ipl) using the functions sceIplUpdateClearIpl and sceIplUpdateSetIpl from the ipl_update.prx module. The ipl is embedded in that module.

Other considerations:
    --------------------

- Users with TA-082 psp's shouldn try this. Also, it may be better that at the beginning, only users with a 2.50/2.60 NOT from factory (they updated from a below firmware) try this.

RELEASE NOTES : as I am posting this at 4AM in the morning Alex is asleep so the sources and changelog will be available when Dark_Alex will wish to.
    At this time only the binary is available

This version also performs logging so be sure to have at least 16MB more on your memory stick before performing the downgrade.

THOUGH IM NOT CONDONING USING THIS its just a heads up on whats going on adn what the developers of this downgrader are saying

-i will not post the download of the downgrader here check it out at your own risk

i do not condone using this as its still in the "BETA STAGE" just wanted to give our people a heads up on whats going on no download of the downgrader here as im sure the staff will do so when the downgrader is fully proven as working

Please dont do this, Im not actually sure who posted this as official news, but i dont like it. Any crap psp updates spits up is generally... just that.... CRAP!

i agree this is bolony to my eyes but theres been an increse in wanting to know whats going on

-iv deleted the download files

-iv gotten rid of installation instructions just a heads up

i wouldnt use it, but i ahve a 1.5

Last time i heard of the testing results is that everyone who tried it.....had a bricked psp.....

so i recommend not doing it until its been 100% officailly confirmed that it works flawlessly....

Thanks for Everything,
    PSPdemon
    404 Error: This signature is missing!

Whoever is responsible for posting this in the official news section, you better hope I dont find out who it is.... this is just sloppy, unprofessional, and not DCemu material.

exactly and in addition wait for it to be posted HERE AT DCemu THE SAFEST emulation site on the net

hmm..
    i dont believe this crap.
    it still can damage the psp. >XP

1timeuser deleate or edit however you like i just posted this cause of the increase in users wanting to know this info not wanting to cause harm

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information