Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Downgrading the Best Way To Go

Blog Entries

psp Is Downgrading the Best Way To Go

I do feel sorry for anyone who has bricked thier PSP today andl happy for those who successfully Downgraded but really is downgrading the best way to go?

With the recent news of an exploit thats for the same firmware are we not jumping the gun a bit, yeah some sites that want the extra pull of visitors this downgrader brings and revenue (yes a lot are in only for that), but why sacrifice playing the newest games to play homebrew and more importantly sacrificing your expensive PSP.

Theres hope on the forums here and at PS2Dev of the exploit that was originally posted there (and not at some sites as they would have you believe) that soon a new exploit for kernal mode willbe usuable.

Sometimes its better to be patient and wait for a new killer exploit an lets be fair GTA Liberty City stories isnt the only game there must be an exploit in.

So lets have some discussion on whether downgrading is really the best option?

Default really sony....

I dont think the firmware version itself really matters. I just hate having to see PSP gamers fight for the liberty to use the machine in whatever way they see fit.
    :: PSP Lua - PSP Lua Games and Homebrew
    :: PSP Skins - PSP Skins, Wallpaper and Templates
    :: Anime Avatars- Anime and Cartoon Avatar Gallery

Bill Nye Humor is everywhere, in that there's irony in just about anything a human does

if sony could only allow homebrew to run free all this firmware crap could end.....i have an idea for then just prevent access to the umd drive......no umd drive no piricy...anyway i'l will wait a bit before downgrading....

I did it , it worked. now i have a 1.5 psp
    if i feel like updating to 2.6 I HAVE THAT OPTION. there is no downside to downgrading unless youre a retard and dont know how to RTFM.

Until a stable non-eloader non gta requiring exploit comes out i expect alot of people to downgrade. Devhook.

As it stands is this probably the biggest thing to come out since 2.0->1.5

**** YAH!!! **** SONY

DCEmu Newbie

If the downgrader proves itself to be 100% successful eventually, downgrading is the way to go... From what I've seen in videos, GTA is a pain in the ass to load every time you want to use the kernel exploit. Also, 1.5's are proven to run almost everything up to 2.6. Devhook will continue to develop and release 2.7+ fw hacks.

Just my .02

I hope that eventually we can run homebrew from the menu on a 2.6 with full 1.5 capability's

DCEmu Pro

its not sacrificing at all, devhook plays all UMDs

all u need is the firmware dump

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Sterist
    its not sacrificing at all, devhook plays all UMDs

all u need is the firmware dump
    Agreed, and if you follow proper clear instructions, you shouldn't brick your PSP. I haven't head of any bricks of people who have followed proper instructions.

DCEmu Rookie

Default ?

Well my wife has a PSP at version 2.6 and I also have a PSP at version 2.6. I am thinking of downgrading my psp to 1.5 becasue I use alot more homebrew than my wife. I also have to load up GTA every time i want to have homebrew and I am getting sick of loading GTA every time.

well im on 1.5(from 2.00) and im worried about the future of my UMD collection. there are some games i really want, and at the moment, devhook sorts that out for me.
    but we havnt yet seen anyone release the 2.70 decrypted firmwareon the sly, so there is already a boundary.
    as soon as sony figure out the way we are emulating firmware all they need to do is start signing the updates to the mac address or whatever else that is unique to each psp. then we are all back to square one in terms of commercial games and abilities

not good

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information