Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Halo 2d by MasterChafed

psp Halo 2d by MasterChafed

I present to you Halo 2d! Of course it is in extremely early stages of development. There are currently no animations but he jumps with a good feel of gravity and moves left and right, although when moving left he does not turn left. Now that I have a concept out there, is there anyone who would like to help me develop this game?

Screenshot and Download VIA Comments
    http://one.revver.com/watch/170516
    http://one.revver.com/watch/167200

Please click the links above to watch my stick figure animations,
    and please, if you have the time, click the ads at the end to earn me some money.

heh sweet thats a cool game

thx man

and please, if you have the time, click the ads at the end to earn me some money.

i could help but i dont know that much lua

do you know how to do frame rendering? you know so that I could use multiple png files for animation? If not, would you like to be a beta tester?

i'd be willing to test it for you dude (i got 1.5 psp and lua player..) that ok? btw how exactly will it work? will it be like metal lug when you kill all in an area than it says GO!!!---> and then fight a boss hitting it's weak spot? if so, i'd we willing to help with background stuff and object drawing too as well as testing the game i'm actually so wanting to test this game i even came up with a little sig i made on paint
    Attachment 7465
    i feel this would be good game and i hope you haven't already given up dude

for animation rendering I beleave there is a way to blit a part of a picture (so you could make 1 png with 10 images of animation) and then there is a group of code for the animation part.

its either that or you make 10 png images of the 10 (frames) and blit them with a pause between images..

ie.

screen:blit(0, 0, frame1, false)
    screen.waitVblankStart()
    screen.flip()

screen.waitVblankStart(3)

screen:clear()
    screen:blit(0, 0, frame2, false)
    screen.waitVblankStart()
    screen.flip()

and so on, I dont beleave that this would be a good way to build it, nor would it make sence, but it can be looped I beleave.. (I personaly havent tried this code, so it may not be usable, but it makes sence that you should be able to blit and pause, blit and pause, and loop that around to animate.

(And I did write all that code out, I didnt copy it).

there is also a code to render animations, I just dont know what it is.. sorry I'm sure I havent been of any help but its a suggestion.

Edit: now that I think about it, that code I posted above can realy only be used to animate a background anyway.

However since you use a single variable for the position of your "player" object, it would be possible for you to add another few player variables (player1, player2, player3, player 4). and from there you could add all the seperate timed blitting sequenecs and of course make sure your player2, and player3 and player4 are all blitting at the same point as the original player1, you can use somthing to make sure it blitts the player2 image to the same variable position.

ie.
    "
    if player2.x < player1.x ==
    if player2.y < player1.y ==
    "

I dont know if thats usable, but it would make sence, you could have seperate frames for 1 object, and have them all tied to your one "player1" object's position.

but would the very small delay cause a slight sort of flash between each 'frame' or would it go so fast it would be unnoticeable?

Nice work! Looking good

GP2X Coder/Moderator

What positions are available? You have to be careful that bringing in a coder that is better then the lead will dominate the project development.

The best way to do the animation is to have an image of the whole animation (e.g. Walk) cycle and blit an area of the image to the screen.

e.g

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information