Halo anime anthology Halo Legends is coming to North American DVD and Blu-Ray on February 16th. Which of the three versions will you be picking up?
The Halo Waypoint previews have come to an end, and now the only way to get your anime-style Halo fix is coming on February 16th in three different flavors. There's the standard, boring DVD with a suggested retail price of $19.98, the two-disk special edition for $29.98, and the shiny Blu-Ray version for $34.99.
The two-disc special edition comes packed with bonus features, including:
* The Making of Halo Legends – An introduction to Halo Legends followed by a making-of segment for each episode.
* Halo: Gaming Evolved – Explaining the Halo phenomenon from its inception as an Xbox video game to a present day entertainment franchise.
* Audio Commentary with directors Frank O'Connor and Joseph Chou
* Widescreen (1.78:1)
Yes, widescreen is a bonus feature. I didn't write the press release.
The Blu-Ray version comes with all of that, plus an overview of the Halo Universe called Halo: The Story so Far.
"Halo Legends offers fans stunning, new creative visions of the popular video game's expansive universe, providing added depth and perspective to these beloved characters and thrilling environments," said Halo franchise development director Frank O'Connor. "Halo Legends is a perfect complement to the game's growing canon of ancillary entertainment options."
I'll be snagging the Blu-Ray version of Halo Legends myself, simply for the novelty of playing Halo on my PlayStation 3.

</img> </img> </img> </img>

More...