Thread: PSP Hacking 101 Episode 17 - The 2.6 downgrader

Blog Entries

psp PSP Hacking 101 Episode 17 - The 2.6 downgrader

The PSPHacking 101 team have released a video guide for the recent downgrader release, check it out here.

DCEmu Newbie

Thumbs up

This is great for those that are still confused on how to do the process for this...Highly recommended to view before your leap of faith if your still unsure of the steps to be taken.
    Thanks Wraggster!!!

Very helpful indeed. Thanx!

DCEmu Rookie

Well it seems to be pretty clear and I don't see why One would need the second 1.5 PSP as all you'd need were the riped Filez from the eBoot. Granted you couldn't do it on a 2.xx+ but, I can't immagin that those Filez should be to hard to come by.

Other then that, it's simply a case of RTFM! Open the UMD Bay take a peek inside paying close attention to the PCB. No Numbers!! GOOD! Numbers are printed thats bad. No Downgrader for you, and no Modchips either.

Actually that's a fact that I much appricate that I need not rip my PSP apart to find out if it could even be Chiped or not. Not that it ment much as I had the Sep. 1st 2005 Euro 1.52 Edition. That eventualy went to 2.00 (thanks to the Demo Disk), back to 1.50 then back to 2.00 GTA:LCS and BOF:III and has since by the good grace of Devhook fallen back to v1.50 where it shall now stay for the forseeable furture!

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijoe
    Open the UMD Bay take a peek inside paying close attention to the PCB. No Numbers!! GOOD! Numbers are printed thats bad. No Downgrader for you, and no Modchips either.
    this is starting to annoy me almost as much as the "wont work on factory 2.5fw" mis-statement i still see thrown around.

it is NOT a case of "any numbers = bad".... it is a matter of *which* numbers are printed, (if any) so as to determine whether the psp has the TA-082 motherboard.

my psp for example has IC6001 printed inside AND came with fw2.5 pre-installed....

i am currently now, very happily, running fw1.5.

DCEmu Rookie

Ok Sorry about that bit of misinformation there I soppose I didn't quite read it though. I was under thenunderstnding that that if you had (watever) printed on the Circutboard then you had to be more leary as opposed to not having anything printed at all.

I have nothin' to worry about as my PSP is clean (e.g. no numbers), and is running 1.50 w/devhook 2.00 & 2.50 with no problems!

this will be pretty useful for a lot of people fortunatly though my psp came with 1.5 fw pre-installed so i don't have to go through this hassle to get homebrew

yay homebrew

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Hungry Horace
    this is starting to annoy me almost as much as the "wont work on factory 2.5fw" mis-statement i still see thrown around.

it is NOT a case of "any numbers = bad".... it is a matter of *which* numbers are printed, (if any) so as to determine whether the psp has the TA-082 motherboard.

my psp for example has IC6001 printed inside AND came with fw2.5 pre-installed....

So does the downgrader work with factory 2.5 and 2.6? I seen conflicing info all over and no one really seems to confirm this forsure

Default The numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Hungry Horace

I have a question. Mines actually comes with numbers, but there not as easy to see as it shows in the video. its actually behind the UMD Disc holder. You can only see the top half of the numbers. Those this pose a problem? In the video, there numbers are easily shown on the top right corner. Mines is on the left hand corner, hidden behind some metal works for the UMD's.

Thread Information