Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Biggest Threat to the PSP Homebrew Scene Is Coming - Sonys PS1 Emu

DCEmu Newbie

If Sony release a ps1 emu, the firmware that they release it on is guna do hardware checks for things like the modchip, and other checks could look for devhook...so i don't know...i might have to buy another psp again when this comes out in october...

ps: no i would not give up homebrew for this emu, jwhy not download a px1 emu 4 pc and use bittorrent to get some games...ha

DCEmu Newbie

Default Wait A Minute! Mod Chip + Sony Ps1 Emu = Yea?!

Wait A Minute. Can Someone Clear This Up For Me. lets Say I Get My Psp Mod Chip.

can I Update To The New Firmware To Get The New Ps1 Emu From Sony While Keeping My Old Homebrew

If So Then The Mod Chip Solves All My Problems.

REMEMBER SONY:
    O-Qua Tangin Wann, Qua-un Sa, Laji-wann

Like many have said... Upgrading is not an issue if you own 2 PSP's. So i will update one of my PSP's, however the price per download has to be right. I don't see myself downloading any PS1 game for more than $5 for the sake of playing it on the PSP. Unless one of our very clever gifted coders can develop a program to make images of the PS1 titles we already own!

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by The_It
    If Sony is actually gonna sell a ps1 emulator for the psp, you know its possible to make one that will run games at full speed.
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Would be nice to see PSX up and running and would be so sweet to have someone here code it better than Sonys effort.

Either way, millions won't know about a free one and Sony will make a few more £$£$.

Hell no! Trust me what sony doesn't know is we'll soon be enjoying sony new firmware and homebrew. You can't not look at psp homebrew history and tell me homebrew is not going to find its way onto new firmware. One method or another. Everyone will have the best of both worlds. Either it be Dev Hook, Downgrader, New Exploit. Just have patients. Trust me i have had patients and only good things have come from it.

DCEmu Newbie

NOt that tempting...

losing the goodness of 1.5 firmware? NEVER

ANd someone will probably write a homebrew emulator or something.

CANT STOP US SONY!!!

well...i think it could tempt me but, like the wii, i would resent paying twice for a game i already owned. so for me it wouldnt matter how cheap it was because i wouldnt pay twice out of principle. now if they charged maybe a fixed price to access the entire catalogue as long as the price was decent (and i know sony - it wont be) i would definetly upgrade with no hesitation. and as mentioned when it happens second hand psp's will be dirt cheap (relativly) meaning i could still have homebrew. and all this doent even take into account the modchip. if it will be possible to have the modchip and have the psp emulator firmware at the same time that would be heaven but sony are not daft - they will find a way to block/detect/kill its compatability.
    time will tell.

DCEmu Newbie

mines staying the way it is
    hopefully u will crack the ps1 anyway

Never!!! They can take that emu, shine it real good.....u know the rest. Besides, no new consoles beat the old ones, no matter how good the graphics are, its no about the graphics but the story!!!!

DCEmu Legend

I might buy a third PSP to do what all the nifty things that I want out of the higher firmwares. With the modchip looking to be a hellish task, I am thinking I might not go that route.

EB Games has some used PSPs for sale at 180 dollars (don't know how long that will last, probably not as long as I hope).

I have been meaning to since NONE of my friends have a PSP and I have been itching to play GTA multiplayer since the day I bought the damn game. However, having a 1.0 makes it hard since I dont want upgrade, in case I lose my way back to 1.0 (which, with the Die Hard 1.0 Backup & Restore, may make it a possibility).

I love homebrew, I really do, but Sony has some nice features coming out, which I *might* like to utilize at some point.

Sadly alot of the best homebrews out there, just stopped being worked on, leaving us with a desire for more, but never being able to get it. Thats the one problem I have with open source; devs start a project, THINKING that others will later take it up and finish it, and thats really a bull$#@! way to go about doing something (can you see it being that way with say, building a computer or working on a car?).

Not that Sony hasn't done that to us since, hmm the day the PSP launched, but nonetheless, some of the PSP's coveted features look to be impressive and certainly chalk it up to being a total multifunction device.

However I will not upgrade past 2.60. I will stand defiant with my 1.0 and 1.5 PSPs. Certainly Sony likes it better that I buy a new PSP. But, I can simply just buy one Ebay, and Sony gets nothing out of it from me.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information