Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Biggest Threat to the PSP Homebrew Scene Is Coming - Sonys PS1 Emu

DCEmu Regular

I won t update...soon or later we will have ps1 emu for the FW1.5...one way or another...
    I will have to wait to play Tobal2 and Einhander

Simply put. If you can build it, i can unbuild it. To me, if i was a coder and sony had some kind of lock out to there emu, it would be like a sign in my face saying... shouting... CHALLENGE!

I would take up the challenge and even ask for help. Coders such as PSmonkey would have no problem starting a ps1 homebrew emu for us all. As we have seen his coding abilities with the n64 which i believe is alot more demanding then ps1.

I will wait this out and see what happens... as always time will tell. Heck sony might wise up and make the emu crackable on purpose so they can sell games to 1.5fw users. Seems like a great tactic to me.

Yea, no way will I sacrifice all this awesome homebrew goodness just to upgrade firware and play PSone emu. Hopefully a DevHook version does come out that supports PSone. Otherwise, I'm out of luck...

DCEmu Newbie

Prices. I think that will screw Sony up.

no it will not kill homebrew. actually it may be the best thing for the psp. Only time will tell.

besides, the button configuration on a homebrewed ps1 emu would suck. also the file sizes would be a problem for those without large memorysticks. not to mention screen resolution, speed and all other aspects of a third party build.

****the sound of thousands of emo kids screaming as i update my psp without reconsideration.

and to sony agents undercover at dcemu:-> this ps1 emu idea can really make or break the psp's future. it would be wise not to get too greedy and charge both for the emu and the games. build the emu into the psp firmware and charge a nominal amount for rehashed games(15usd or less) and you will be most successful. overcharge and you will watch the psp die. remember most psp users are not aristocrats or yuppies and are not made of bottomless wells of money. keep this in mind and maybe a few of us will be able to afford your friggn ps3 monster. 700+$ to play metal gear solid 4 is absolutely ridiculous! ridiculous! my suped up 4.2ghz pc didn't cost 700 friggn usd.

best of luck to both sides.

Nope no upgrading here. To many great coders for the psp they will find a way. Just look at KECH , ZX-81 , & NJ there work is awesome.

DCEmu Newbie

I'm an older gamer. 36 to be exact. My first system was Pong, then Atari 2600. Had a C-64, NES, SNES, N64, , Gamecube, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Playstation, Playstation2, XBOX, Dreamcast, Amiga, PC and now PSP. I've spent countless hours playing videogames and look forward to playing countless more. I will be a videogamer until then end.
    With the introduction out of the way I have a few thoughts/comments to various comments in this thread.

"I fully support homebrew"
    How? What are you supporting? Do you donate money to the author of the program? I'm curious how much money each homebrew creator has made. Sounds like a poll should be made to find out

"Sony Wants Your Money"
    This is really a revelation. Imagine a company who sells a product that wants your money. Sounds SCI-FI to me.

"I'm sticking to 1.5"
    Doing so and not buying new PSP software does not support the PSP. I'm not sure how large the homebrew community is but every software sold helps the PSP. If a developer support starts to weaken for the PSP then new software may not be released (which will upset me) and there may never be a PSP2. Sticking to 1.5 you will miss out on some great future PSP games. I've recently bought Burnout, Monster Hunter Freedom and Field Commander. All three of them are great.

I am looking forward to the PS1 emulator from Sony. Some of the announced launch titles are going to be great on the PSP. FF VII and Castlevania:SOTN! So many other great PS1 titles will be a perfect fit on the PSP but I will restrain myself from creating a list.

For it to succeed I would hope the emulator is free. Then triple A titles should cost no more than $9.99. Lesser titles should be sold between $4.99-$7.99.

What would be really cool but I doubt Sony will consider it. I'm not sure if any one remembers the Black PS1 Sony released way back then to the general public. It allowed PS1 software to be developed. This would be a neat feature to offer with the PS1 emulator. Then games could be made, uploaded to the Sony site for sale. Such games could be sold for .99-$1.99. Sony could then run contest, for example run a contest for the best RPG made.

Anywho, I look forward to getting flamed.

Vincent D. Brumback

They will not have a choose there going to have to bring a cheaper price. Don't forget Nintendo WII is coming out and that is its soul purpose backward compatibilities via downloads so between the two one of them will have to budge down the price.

Hmm... Good point, Anunnaki. But I still won't upgrade. I don't exactly support Sony either, 600 USD for the "basic" PS3, is fricking nuts. I will get an Xbox 360 for Halo 3, and a Wii for Super Smash Bros Brawl, and the various past generation games.

Default hippies

homebrew is the absolute best thing thats happend to sony considering its not ice ohs as pepole call it home brew actually got some ppl to go out and buy two psp y unless you can just throw awy money sony keeps up dating and the demand for more psps come to play if sony did something like complely shut off homebrew then realeas a real good game will have to buy two psps see were im headin wit this but sony still cant offer me nothin to give up what i have and if worse comes to worse modchip

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread Information