Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: The Biggest Threat to the PSP Homebrew Scene Is Coming - Sonys PS1 Emu

sony would also like you to do that.
    imo a yearly subscription at a fixed price would be the ideal solution to the ps1 emu situation. and i fully agree sony is getting desperate in doing this. but its a good move at the same time as it shows they may be listening to us. they hear that we more or less hate most of the games that are out for the psp so they plan an emu for the popular ps1. makes sense to me. its a real shame that games these days just are not that good - there great graphically but sony lost sight of gameplay somewhere along the way. im not a real nintendo diehard but there attitude with the wii is the way to go - gameplay is the key.

DCEmu Newbie

Hi!
    I dont think that the PS1 Emu is a real threat to homebrew. For example i never had a ps1 and it is not interesting at all for me.

But the most important argument is the modchip. Then i can update to the newest fw and still have 1.5.

Hey, isnt it ironic? I install a modchip in order to be able to play ORIGINAL UMD Games.

Greetings

Tobias

Default nope

Hell no... I'll never upgrade, surely it will come out a firmware emulator that would support that (just like devhook)....

Masterkain

Quote Originally Posted by r00t
    I will not pay for roms what ever their planning on calling them though. I own hundreds of PS1 games and see no valid reason to buy them again for my PSP.
    Thats a problem for alot of people I still own about 50 games for my Playstation and am very reluctant about paying for the same thing twice

Quote Originally Posted by Amigamul8r
    Hi!
    I dont think that the PS1 Emu is a real threat to homebrew. For example i never had a ps1 and it is not interesting at all for me.

But the most important argument is the modchip. Then i can update to the newest fw and still have 1.5.

Hey, isnt it ironic? I install a modchip in order to be able to play ORIGINAL UMD Games.

Greetings

Tobias
    /\ /\ A strange concept isnt it!?? Modifying your PSP to play the original games!!!

Default Keep Homebrew

Keep Homebrew
    The PS1 EMU will come to us

Whats with all the "emo" chat?? I blame Myspace!

Anyyywayyy, If it were not for homebrew I would've sold my PSP ages ago. It has a tiny amount of titles that interest me and has no use as a video or music player as I have an Ipod.

I'm just gonna wait it out and wait for a decent homebrew psx emulator, might take longer but at least then I won't have to pay for games I already own!

Quote Originally Posted by Anunnaki

"I fully support homebrew"
    How? What are you supporting? Do you donate money to the author of the program? I'm curious how much money each homebrew creator has made. Sounds like a poll should be made to find out
    Good point here. Always on my list of to do things but never done. I just donated ten bucks to the PSP Rhythm guy(s). I'll try to do something like this once a month to a different favored homebrew developer. Thanks for the kick in the pants.

"Sony Wants Your Money"
    This is really a revelation. Imagine a company who sells a product that wants your money. Sounds SCI-FI to me.

"I'm sticking to 1.5"
    Doing so and not buying new PSP software does not support the PSP. I'm not sure how large the homebrew community is but every software sold helps the PSP. If a developer support starts to weaken for the PSP then new software may not be released (which will upset me) and there may never be a PSP2.
    And yet it is Sony itself that places barriers to purchasing their products. Having been on 2.6, I dared not leave my apartment with anything but GTA: Liberty City Stories in my UMD slot. That's hardly an inducement to buy new games. Now on 1.5 and DevHook I've the freedom to buy some new crap. Not too new unfortunately, but Sony's firmware updates mean that when I can get around to playing 2.71 games, the prices will be a little lower. Saving me money (with their efforts) and costing the developers.

Sticking to 1.5 you will miss out on some great future PSP games. I've recently bought Burnout, Monster Hunter Freedom and Field Commander. All three of them are great.
    Not for long, if I choose these games at all. I'm looking forward to Loco Roco being released here (USA). That's a great game.

I will never update for an emulator made by sony unless someone cracks the firmware and we are able to play our homebrew as well.

w00t i cant wait, im gonna play all the old ps1 games now, and sell the ones i have already, and then rebuy them for the psp.....yes dosnt make senes right?....pretty soon summ1 is gonna hack the 2.7+, then hombrew is gonna be realesed, then another update is gonna come out and ext. ext......idc im gonna update cuz sooner or later sum1 is gonna hack that 2 and ppl that say it impossibel..its freakin possible, ppl said that 2 2.5 and 2.6 and look hombrew and downgraders, some one could hack the ps1 emu look at the codes and try usin it to make new hombrew

DCEmu Newbie

I recently bought a premodded psp, so i have 2 atm. If the u.p. let's me play homebrew AND upgrade to the one w/ the ps1 emulator then my psp becomes God.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread Information