Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Biggest Threat to the PSP Homebrew Scene Is Coming - Sonys PS1 Emu

DCEmu Newbie

undoubtedly. If the PSP had a good enough variety of games from the beginning, I would never wanted to discover this site in the first place. Not to mention the PS1 is what put me on this bandwagon like 10yrs ago...

I will update my sister's and buy games for it!

(Yes, girls play PSP, too.)
    You don't need to know my mental status. You probably don't want to, either.

September 5th, 2005:
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R
    There wont be a N64 emu on the PSP. Not one that is playable anyways.
    Need LocationFree help? Send me a PM!

Never! even if I bought another PSP I wouldnt upgrade it!

within a year (prolly less) i think the 1.5 crew will be able to use it.

DCEmu Newbie

why would i sacrifice ALL the current emulators for 1 emulator? im a child of the 80's sure i had a PS1 but i also had an atari 2600, c64 , megadrive , snes, gba so i dont see the point of giving up all those. not to mention that being in australia it probably wont come for some time after its release and by then someone will have cracked whatever firmware is needed for it

guys, you know that because of this annoucement that psp coders are going to have a field day with the new software that comes out for the psx emulator. we may not have it as fast, but hastiness will always kill in the end

DCEmu Newbie

A PS1 emulator will never be a threat for homebrew.By upgrading we'll be losing a hell of a load on our PSP's, after all there's so many really cool stuff in the homebrew scene like applications and emulators that work 100%.Homebrew on the PSP is just so amazing, why would we want to lose all that? Just because of a few recent games and a PS1 emu that's gonna charge us to play games that most of us probably already have? Besides, there's certainly gonna be another devhook or similar that will let us emulate the new firmware,so it's really not worth upgrading.

DCEmu Newbie

I won't upgrade. Worse case senario if I'm dying to play any ps1 games. I'll just save a couple hundred bucks and buy another psp. But... If the cost of buying or downloading the games turns out to be more expensive than I thought. I think somebody will crack the ps1 emulator so everyone with fw 1.5 can enjoy the same benefits as the newer version.

the first reply said it best devhook people thats what im saying im sure in time we will be able to emulate the 3.00 firmware i mean no one thought that we could emulate the 2.50! think about that get a location freeplayer without having to upgrade? Sweet it wont happen quickly but within time, i have no doubts it will anyone know if the developer of devhook is working on a new release? i know most of us are hoping so! (including me)

Im not that bothered about other emulators because, I dont really like nintendo emulators and games.

I also use flash homebrew which is really great, so I could have the emulator and I will have homebrew. plus I already have FW 2.71

So to conclude I will definatly update as soon as the new update with the emulator comes out
    Benh = Coder, main language C other language LUA

Check out my first C app Super - flasher here

visit my dev site where you can download all of my coding projects - http://benh-pspdev.bravehost.com/

Please visit my site www.pspfanatic.bravehost.com
    and join the forums

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information