Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Game Sharing on 1 PSP Unlocked

DCEmu Newbie

Default gamesharing

Quote Originally Posted by IndianCheese
    I have accidentally found a way to run Game Sharing programs on with 1 PSP. You don't even need the UMD!
    Nice find, can confirm it works with namco museum battle

Default whoa

you can play 2.0 games without a loader on ir shell buy playin the boots i also got two umds to show up at once but ir shell s off so i cant take a picture--
    only some games work tryed gta didnt work

DCEmu Newbie

Um, can someone atleast ttry my suggestion with two psp's, just to see if any psp can run anything unsigned through gamesharing. Even if it only works on 1.5's it would be a cool way to send someone a cool game you have without anything but a psp with iR Shell, an iso loader and an iso of course. And if that works, we can go on to higher firmwares, and if THAT works, we can try the compter-psp, game sharing thing(like the DS, where the computer sends a game sharing file to the psp).

The only thing is, can this become a permanent solution for 2.7x psp's? What I mean is, a downgrader is a solution, but is there a way we can keep 2.7x and the homebrew? I mean, there are so many firmware dumps, can't someone create a modified one(that is basicly the solution for DS, they use a hack to fool the DS to run unsigned code once, what the program does is flash the DS with new firmware that runs unsigned and signed code without anything external, it also removes an anoying warning screen you get whenever you turn on the DS) I didnlt think we can learn this much from the DS homebrew, but this is all just an idea, and if you can modify firmware THAT easily, it probably would have been doen by now, I am just saying, this is more motivation.

Anyway, don;t forget to try running a homebrew app with game sharing (on any firmware) to see if it works, and report back.

PSP User

Metacore, there has been lots of testing of running unsigned code through this on pspupdates, but it didn't work. You can check their forums for the thread.

Also, modifying a firmware is very hard on the PSP.

DCEmu Newbie

Oh, thanks for the tip. How hard is modifying a iso though? Also, can the demos be converted to eboots? no real reason, just to make it more convenient...

Also, I know this isn;t really the place to ask, but what exactly does signed code mean(I know it means it is an official application, "authorized" by sony to run by doing... something. It is the 'something" I am confused about, is it literally so sort of encrypted code, or what?

PSP User

OK, I'll try to answer your questions:

1) It's not hard to modify an ISO with the right programs.

2) The demos are actually EBOOTs. They ran as .bin files, but if you rename them to EBOOT.PBP and open it with PBP Unpacker you'll see that it really is an EBOOT.

3) I think signed code means code that was encrypted with Sony's signature.

DCEmu Newbie

Talking PSP Game Sharing (Possible Hack)

I think that there is a good possibility that upload.bin will run under 2.7X.

When you send a shared game from one PSP to another, both the sending PSP and the recieving PSP check, to make sure that the file is signed (Found this out through experimentation). So if this file is the actual shared game, then a 2.7X should run it. If it can be sent to the PSP and run, then it should run from the PSP's MS. As an educated guess, the shared game, when recieved over wifi is temporarily stored in ram while in use, and that is where it is run from. So it should be possible to load this on 2.7X.

PSP User

troy2000, nope, it can't be run from the MS.

DCEmu Newbie

I have a 2.71 psp, so if you can send me the file, i'll put in in the GAME folder and see what happens(you said it is just an eboot right? And if it is signed like you guys said, I don't think there should be a problem, but I am just hopefully guessing. Stupid hope!)

My email is [email protected] If there are any other little stuff like this I don't mind trying them too, as long as it doesn't involve flashing anything, I don't brick my PSP.

DCEmu Newbie

Default run gameshare on any firmware

If you rename the upload.bin from the japanese Bomberman UMD to EBOOT.PBP and open up the param.sfo to view the disc id or game code (ucjs???) and create a folder with that name under the game icon it will run on any firmware. you can do that with any upload.dat file. Just open the file with a text editor and if it says PBP at the beginning then you can rename it to EBOOT.PBP and it will work. I have 12 gameshare/demo's on my MS. Try it out.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information