Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game Sharing on 1 PSP Unlocked

BTW, if this has any hacking possibility, it would be this: Since we now know that the Game Sharing segment is contained in one tasty little morsel, UPLOAD.BIN, one could attempt to write a BIN, place it into a homemade ISO as a fake Game Sharing file, and send it with a 1.50 PSP to, say a 2.71 PSP.

Like this: If you took the l_097.bin file from Noobz.eu's eLoader, modified it a little, renamed it UPLOAD.DAT, extracted an ISO of Battle Museum, replaced the original with the eLoader one, ran the ISO, activated Game Sharing on both PSPs and uploaded eLoader from the ISOed PSP to the other, it might just run.

I hope this sparks people to keep looking into Game Sharing hacks!

Quote Originally Posted by borgamix
    so u can play the game without the umd using gamesharing is that what you are saying?
    No. It means that if you can get your hands on the UMD, you can download it to your Memory Stick and play it anytime.
    You don't need to know my mental status. You probably don't want to, either.

September 5th, 2005:
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R
    There wont be a N64 emu on the PSP. Not one that is playable anyways.
    Need LocationFree help? Send me a PM!

DCEmu Regular

I realise that you need lower than 2.7 to get the file, but is there no way to get a non-hombrew friendly PSP to run the file?

Sorry for being too lazy to look up why that probably wouldn't work.
    But then again, it's not like I care whether it works or not either.

Anyone tried doing this with UMDs that require higher than fw 1.5?
    Wish I had a game that allowed game sharing.
    Would be interesting to do this with a 2.7 umd on my 1.0 PSP, not sure if that would work though?

*EDIT*
    Wait, so all you needed to do to get it to run was change it to a bin file?
    Is it possible to just rename other dat files to use them aswell? Surely Sony isn't that stupid?

I had had an idea like this for a long time, and when I found that the UPLOAD.DAT file was the only probable file for game sharing, that happened to be the one I chose. So I thought, Hey, why don't I try running this as an executable? But since it is a raw file, I couldn't call it a PBP, and since iR Shell runs BINs, I named it BIN. I never expected it to work, so I was surprised when it did. I was all "LaWlOmGwTfBbQ!"
    You don't need to know my mental status. You probably don't want to, either.

September 5th, 2005:
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R
    There wont be a N64 emu on the PSP. Not one that is playable anyways.
    Need LocationFree help? Send me a PM!

Wow, just wow.... /me sees the very real possiblity of a demo loader/player program.....

You could have a whole demo collection!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyjohn
    Wow, just wow.... /me sees the very real possiblity of a demo loader/player program.....

You could have a whole demo collection!

That would be sweet! and would that even be considered piracy? (downloading the game share bin's) i think technicly it would, but i dont think it would be that big of a deal.

how many games have had gameshare?
    all i can remember is burnout legends

DCEmu Newbie

Before people call me a noob, I know I am. I have no knowledge in programming or anything. And there is no way I thought of this before anyone, so watch carefully how I phrase my question. Why can't you run unsigned programs. This is basicly how DS homebrew works, they use external programs to trick the game sharing section.

So is a way to run a homebrewed eloader(as mentioned above) but without another PSP, instead using your own computer's networking card? There is a PSP tunneling program called Xkai (or something like that) which manages to get the PSP to think your computer is another PSP to play multyplayer ad-hoc online, with other people. Can you use that to get the computer to send a homebrew demo over to a psp? Possibly a 2.71 PSP, with the "demo" being a downgrader, or an eloader or something?

Again, before you start flaming me please consider that I admit that I have no knowledge of programming, and i don't think I asked anything original, I just want confirmation for myself, to know if there is hope for us dumb 2.71ers

would be sweet if it is possible though, right? But if it doens't what does it come down to exactly? Would the psp not run anything unsigned, or you just can;t send demos through your PC(or mac, or linux, or whatever)

PSP User

IndianCheese, that's an interesting idea you have sending the eLoader through an ISO...

Anyway, just pointing this out: You said 2.7+ can ignore this, but it's really 1.51+ because iR Shell only runs on 1.5 right now.

Why would anyone flame you for an idea? This is the best PSP homebrew site on the net. This site is filled with respectable people. That correct you when your wroung but never flame you. Unless of you course your talking about iso's or other illegal materal. And trust me if you stick with this site, you can learn alot from people. Being here as long as some have. They've been able to make educated guess on many things (Programming being one of them.) and are many times right and if not are corrected. Part of learning. I think you said that because you have been hanging around PSPUPDATES.com to much. lol

Quote Originally Posted by the one and only
    how many games have had gameshare?
    all i can remember is burnout legends
    Almost all that I can think of....er, maybe I'm thinking ad-hoc.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information