London developer Mediatonic is to release its first PSP Minis game, Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess, in February this year. The vertically scrolling platform game is one of the largest PSP Minis titles yet created, and at 95mb in size it very nearly tops the service's 100mb upper limit.
Featuring a full story mode with animated cutscenes, and 24 levels, Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess boasts impressive size within the remit of the Minis games, which typically offer bite-sized gaming experience. Mediatonic
“There is a lot of room for growth in the Minis section of the Playstation Store and we truly hope that MPSMP will stand out as the fresh, original and fun title that it is," said Mediatonic’s co-founder and creative director Paul Croft. "It’s a massively exciting game for us and we hope that our players will enjoy playing it as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it. We’ve had a lot of experience in developing browser-based and iPhone titles, but this is the most ambitious game we’ve attempted.”

Mediatonic, which is most well known for its iPhone title Must.Eat.Birds, has stated that it sees Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess as a comedy game.
Writer and designer Jim Griffiths said: “We’ve worked hard to integrate the story and game mechanic as deeply as we can to create the most fun and compelling experience for the player possible. We’ve also crammed as much genuine (if slightly dark) humour into the game as we could – we really want people to crack a grin when they play. That’s our aim.”
Both Croft and Griffith have starred in the yearly '30 Under 30' feature hosted by our sister site Develop.

http://www.casualgaming.biz/news/296...-debuts-on-PSP