Warner Bros. has inked a new deal with Sesame Workshop to develop and publish video games based on the Sesame Street license, hopefully bringing more Muppets to an industry deficient on google eyes and felt.
It's been a few years since a Sesame Street video game has graced video game consoles, and it's about time that changed. Warner Bros. now has the rights to create interactive entertainment based on the beloved children's show, with plans to offer children a mix of educational and entertaining content, as seen on TV.
"Our worldwide partnership with Sesame Workshop marks an exciting step toward the future of preschool console games, mixing education and fun with the incredible Sesame Street brand," said Martin Tremblay, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. "We look forward to building an accessible educational franchise with the Sesame Street games, offering parents and children new ways to learn and play together with their favorite characters from the show."
I learned a lot from Sesame Street growing up, and I see no reason why children today shouldn't have the same opportunity. I just hope the WB plans on using the whole license, and not just Elmo. If I don't get to be Super Grover by 2011, Warner Bros. has failed.

</img> </img> </img> </img>

More...