Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 1.5-1.0 Downgrader

DCEmu Regular

Why are you mentioning about devhook 0.42b in a thread about fw 1.00.
    All versions above Devhook 0.22 have not worked on 1.00 PSPs.
    Hopefully that will change soon though.

But here is what booster wrote in Devhook 0.41 (original release version):
    FW1.00 was not supported again.
    the reboot code for 1.00 was coded but I can't tested it.
    Test the following way.

1.repack 1.50 two EBOOT.PBP to 1.00 EBOOT.PBP
    devhook and dh_inst

2.install FW1.50 with FW installer.
    when installer can't execute on 1.00
    Use FW1.50 PSP of your friend.

3.copy "ms0:/dh/150/flash0/kd/loadexec.prx" to "ms0:/dh/kd/loadexec.prx"

4.run devhook sample launcher,

5.choice "FIRMWARE -> "1.50" and "START"

6.check version on XMB.
    Is version 1.50?
    I haven't got round to trying that yet because I don't have a 1.50 PSP to get prx's from...
    It might not solve every problem even if that does work, but it would be a start.

Also, if anyone plans to try that out, it would be best to try it with Devhook Sample Launcher 0.41 because that is the only version with that readme in it.

DCEmu Legend

Who says we can have custom firmwares? I still think bricking can occur when writing to flash on 1.0.

Writing a custom firmware is not as simple as you all think, unless the person making it is using all of Sony's PRXs and libraries, and then it could not be distributed over the net without infringing on Sony's copyrights.

You can bet all custom firmwares would be shot down in a heartbeat by Sony. Its bad enough we have been one step ahead of them for the past year. Throw in a custom firmware made using Sony's copyrights and that could spell disaster for the entire homebrew scene (cause then Sony has a solid reason for taking legal action).

Writing all of the drivers for the PSP from scratch would take the better part of a year. Not to mention, it would instantly divide the homebrew scene: Sony Firmware Homebrew and Custom Firmware Homebrew.

Getting your favorite emulator to work on a custom made firmware would require extensive recoding, if not an entire overhaul, since the means that the two firmwares would handle things would be different.

I don't see why all the homebrew designed for 1.5 would be so hard to design for 1.0. If anything, wouldn't it be easier? I've always thought of 1.5 as just a way to use homebrew until someone figured out a way to downgrade to 1.0. This is perfect.

I guess you didn't read the part where 1.5 has kexts that don't exist in 1.0?

In other words, 1.5 has functions that 1.0 doesn't. Built-in library routines that programmers can (and do) take advantage of.

The fact that 1.5 has full access with a simple buffer overflow on the directory parsing library means that 1.5 is def. the sweet spot for programming vs. using homebrew.

DCEmu Newbie

Hey this is chrisb well as you all know i briked my psp and i really dont have the money to rebuy it. If you would like to donate please do at my paypal account. [email protected]. Im also selling some of my games and stuff to try to rebuy it. I have (PSP GAMES) Tony Hawk's Underground2 remix, Socom US Navy Seals, Dangerous Hunts, Need For Speed Underground Rivals, and also i have a 256Mb real sony card forsale. (DS Games) Sims2, Scooby-Doo Unmasked, ATV Quad Frenzy, Tony Hawk's American Sk8land, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory... They have all the casses and papers hardley used look brandnew... No Scraches... Im going to put them on ebay just want to give u guys a chance first. Thanks ChrisB.

DCEmu Newbie

hu

I think we'll soon see homebrew moving on to 1.0 and I also think a custom firmware is a possibility.
    I have to agree however on what F9zDark said: not only will sony take legal action on this one but the homebrew scene would surely split..
    guess we'll have to stick with the standard 1.0 when things there set up right.

I'm not sure if this has been said or if it would actually work but instead of actually installing custom firmwares couldn't they just be loaded through devhook? This would make it so no split in the homebrew community would occur. I think it would be the perfect homebrew console.

Default Ta-082

i just got my psp last week and i was thankful that i will not pay that much for a downgrade when i saw you post but saddly i have a version 2.5 with ta-082 or ic1003 and the downloader said that i cannot downgrade this... can you help me plsssssssssssss

is there any way to downgrade without needing a 1.0?

Thread Information