Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.5-1.0 Downgrader

wow sweet! this gives me even more reason to buy a new psp (for a 3.0 and a 1.0) but! does 1.0 F/W have all the same abilitys? And I thought that 1.5 had full access to homebrew speed? Oh well doesent mater, I'm downgrading my 1.5 to a 1.0 when this comes out

DCEmu Newbie

Guess this is based on 0okm's proof of concept work then:

http://0okm.blogspot.com/2006/07/use...-10-proof.html

Quote Originally Posted by Uruz 6
    What will they do? actually it's very simple:
    1) the psp they're going to put on the market will have some incredible protection to avoid downgrade.
    2) next firmwares will have interesting features such as a psx emulator to make us upgrade.

That's all they can do really.
    Ha Ha! $ony will never break me with their fancy new firmwares! My 1.5 can do everything I want and more

Im sure someone will make a 1.5 PSX emu too - given time!

In conclusion.. I can find no reason to downgrade to 1.0

Guess I'll wait till most homebrews get tuned up for 1.0

DCEmu Newbie

This is great news, with full hardware access it will be easier to code emulators like MAME, NeoGeo arcade, PS1 and Nintendo64 (wich will have better performance and speed). And with this if they also make Devhook to work with fw1.0 then I'll be definately downgrading

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by F9zDark
    Well this is great news and horrible news. For those of us who purchased 1.0 PSPs from Japan it really sucks. As well, it makes owning a 1.0 PSP fruitless; since now anyone can own a '1.0 PSP'.
    I know how you feel, for a few minutes I was thinking like that.
    But at the moment we are so limited on game loaders, we really only have that old version of devhook 0.22 that is worth installing.
    Just think how we will finally have MPH UMD Loader, Devhook 0.42+, RunUMD, etc...

And although many people may downdate to 1.00, when I get mod chip in a couple of days time I will put 1.00 on that too.
    HA, how many people will there be with TWO 1.00 FWs on their PSP at same time!

hmm... maybe that's kinda pointless...

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Night-Wolf
    This is great news, with full hardware access it will be easier to code emulators like MAME, NeoGeo arcade, PS1 and Nintendo64 (wich will have better performance and speed). And with this if they also make Devhook to work with fw1.0 then I'll be definately downgrading
    You'll find that some 1.5 only homebrew apps require access to kernal modules only available in 1.5 - not 1.0. There is no difference in programming for 1.0 and 1.5 so no improvements will come from this.

I view downgrading to 1.0 as a proof of concept rather than something that should be done. The whole point of this is that it should lead to custom firmware installs on the PSP.

Quote Originally Posted by Uruz 6
    What will they do? actually it's very simple:
    1) the psp they're going to put on the market will have some incredible protection to avoid downgrade.
    2) next firmwares will have interesting features such as a psx emulator to make us upgrade.

That's all they can do really.
    dude dont u see thats what they allways try and it didnt work....

Never said it would work, they're up against A LOT of people who like homebrew after all.
    Anyway, for those who bought a jap 1.0, this means that new app will come out for that firmware, and I don't think that's a bad thing.

Also even if it ONLY leads to custom firmwares it's still a good thing, no?

Cool..But i have a few questions thats probaly on everyones mind.

#1.Will it work with psp's bought with 1.5 or higher all ready installed on it?

-Im guessing it works with all except TA-082 psp's.

#2.Would that program (can't remember the name) that makes 1.5 eboots into 1.00 work to get stuff only 1.5 can do(Dev Hook, ect.) to work on a downgraded 1.5 to 1.0 psp?

-Now i'm guessing it can't and all good homebrew and apps will just have to be made to run on a 1.00.

This has some real potential but i'm not downgrading until its completely safe and all apps and homebrew that only work on 1.5 are converted to 1.0. Aloung with custom firmware. It sound like this will be intresting.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information