Page 129 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1302

Thread: The Introduction Thread

hi, newbie here

You're late to the party bud.. DCEMU died 10 years ago..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lmtlmt View Post
    You're late to the party bud.. DCEMU died 10 years ago..
    Technically 8 years ago, during the Wii homebrew phase and the beginning of the PS3 hacking scene.

Close enough haha!

Blog Entries

The homebrew scene isn't dead though, which is kinda sad that I've got to get it elsewhere on a site that is basically what DCEmu should have eventually become...

The funny thing, is even though I recently joined GBAtemp, I still hang around here (making pointless birthday topics while nobody can infract me for spam posts).

Quote Originally Posted by VampDude View Post
    The homebrew scene isn't dead though, which is kinda sad that I've got to get it elsewhere on a site that is basically what DCEmu should have eventually become...

The funny thing, is even though I recently joined GBAtemp, I still hang around here (making pointless birthday topics while nobody can infract me for spam posts).
    Without a freshen-up and ability to use on mobile (seriously, have you tried it? It's a harrowing experience), this forum will stay dead. It's a shame, I miss this place. So many bad choices.
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

Blog Entries

I always change the user agent to desktop if I'm using my phone/tablet, because trying to use DCEmu on a phone browser with anything but... The site then looks like one of those large print book for old people... Maybe it's what Wraggster uses?

But then the same device, but with desktop selected it's much nicer. But I don't think the majority of people with a phone even know the difference between a mobile webpage and an actual fully functional webpage these days.

Though until you pointed it out, I've never logged into the mobile version... Damn, it's ugly on the forum side. Using the correct user agent makes everything look like the desktop version, so I'm not missing out on anything.

I think this place could recover (just slightly), even if it's just 20 of us here. Because the more people returning could eventually bring a following, which we all basically followed someone else here (Wraggster originally brought some people here from dcemulation.com)... Though the site as it is now, I tend not to promote it as heavily as I once did because there aren't any active admin or projects that feel like DCEmu is the place to go.

Quote Originally Posted by VampDude View Post
    I always change the user agent to desktop if I'm using my phone/tablet, because trying to use DCEmu on a phone browser with anything but... The site then looks like one of those large print book for old people... Maybe it's what Wraggster uses?

But then the same device, but with desktop selected it's much nicer. But I don't think the majority of people with a phone even know the difference between a mobile webpage and an actual fully functional webpage these days.

Though until you pointed it out, I've never logged into the mobile version... Damn, it's ugly on the forum side. Using the correct user agent makes everything look like the desktop version, so I'm not missing out on anything.

I think this place could recover (just slightly), even if it's just 20 of us here. Because the more people returning could eventually bring a following, which we all basically followed someone else here (Wraggster originally brought some people here from dcemulation.com)... Though the site as it is now, I tend not to promote it as heavily as I once did because there aren't any active admin or projects that feel like DCEmu is the place to go.
    I didn't realise you can manually change the layout, that's super helpful. Actually trying to force the mobile browser to view as desktop doesn't work.
    Here is what my iPhone shows on the forum root -

This alone is enough to make me run to the hills if I was a prospective new member. I would love for this place to become fairly active again, but for 20 or so people, is a forum really the best platform? An IRC or something more 'live' would be much better suited. Forums are only really enjoyable or productive if they're super active.
    Clearly, as it is, it's not going to work. MAKE DCEMU GREAT AGAIN.
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Triv1um View Post
    I didn't realise you can manually change the layout, that's super helpful. Actually trying to force the mobile browser to view as desktop doesn't work.
    Here is what my iPhone shows on the forum root -

This alone is enough to make me run to the hills if I was a prospective new member. I would love for this place to become fairly active again, but for 20 or so people, is a forum really the best platform? An IRC or something more 'live' would be much better suited. Forums are only really enjoyable or productive if they're super active.
    Clearly, as it is, it's not going to work. MAKE DCEMU GREAT AGAIN.
    You obviously chose the wrong side for a phone, I've been native to Android since 2010 and use Dolphin browser. 😂

On my phone, this is how I see DCEmu (I prefer my tablet - I typed all this sh*t on my phone). 😏

An active chatbox feature which a few forums have, would be the IRC style of live chat. Which is actually a feature the vBulletin software supports (since 90% of the online forums are vBulletin based), but I don't think Martin is around anymore to fix these things? We seem to be heavily downgraded from the point of where we had signatures, could use spoiler boxes and a few other things. 🤔

Some forums I venture, such as the wrestling forum and one for hacks. I paid a lifetime VIP, which gives me status and actually helps those sites. I'd actually pay a lifetime VIP, if it ever became available here... Though if the site became active again with quite a few things to change. 😎
    Attached Images Attached Images

DCEmu Newbie

hey guys very new sizegenetics to this forum. hope things go well.
    Last edited by Lukaes; January 9th, 2020 at 17:05.

Thread Information