Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I need a new anime to watch...

DCEmu Regular

Default I need a new anime to watch...

I just finished watching Full Metal Alchemist, Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing, and Neon Genesis Evangelion. Could anyone give some examples of animes with a rich storyline to follow and at least some comedy?

I don't really want to watch naruto or bleach because I have seen enough of them to know they are a little skippy on the action and storyline.But, they are some of the funniest animes and I enjoy them immensly

I hear that samurai champloon is good and I have watched Trigun and thats okay, but I want more....

Thankyou,
    Crimson

Escaflowne, if you haven't yet.

Utena's pretty heavy, but it's got some good comedy bits.

Escaflowne was pretty good. I also liked Angel Sanctuary and X... perhapes your seeing a trend.

DCEmu Regular

Escaflowne was pretty good, I used to watch it when I was younger. I will have to check out those other ones. I have never seen them...

I just noticed that all the ones that have been mentioned are borderline "shojo", while all the ones you mentioned were deffinately not. Don't let that stop you!!! X, and anything by Clamp in general, is very worthwhile.

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by b8a
    I just noticed that all the ones that have been mentioned are borderline "shojo", while all the ones you mentioned were deffinately not. Don't let that stop you!!! X, and anything by Clamp in general, is very worthwhile.
    While shojo is okay, I can't really see myself watching them. Too melodramatic for my taste mostly. But I will heed your words.

DCEmu Regular

Also, I was thinking about watching Chobits. Which of course is a Seinen (young adult-adult anime). It does look sorta funny and has a storyline that sounds fresh and different... Clamp made it of course...

I was wondering if any of you have seen it, and if so, could tell me if it is good or not...

I've seen it & liked it, just beware the weapons grade cuteness of one character, I'm a fossil & it got me I'm not ashamed to say. Some people dont like the ending too much but I thought it wasnt too bad (though I'm only halfway through the manga so I've yet to see how that ends to compare it)

As for other reccomendations Full Metal Panic may serve you well as it has its serious side but also some laughs as well (if you like the funny bits after watching it go for FMP Fumoffu, a version thats played for the laughs taken from the bits in the manga that didnt make the first series, very funny especially if you've gotten to know the characters)

Martian Successor Nadesico mixes in comedy with mech action & sci fi bits, if you prefer watching the dubbed version theres an extra gag in there since you've seen Evangelion as well, though they do take the mick out of other shows & the viewer at times, how many shows have you seen that dares do that I ownder? probably not many

I'll second the X & Escaflowne sugestions as well (reminds me to get the X remix set) & depending on how much humour you want mixed in then Excel Saga will possibly work for you, though it can be hard to see the ongoing storyline first time through it & your brain may go snap

I dunno about comedy but ******* is good, If not a little old. Also Doomed Megalopolis.

******* = B@stard

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by LeperMessiah
    I dunno about comedy but ******* is good, If not a little old. Also Doomed Megalopolis.

******* = B@stard
    Its pretty good, mostly fighting though...

Edit: edited out the name so mods don't think I was cussin', lol

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information