Thread: OpenBoR v2.0047 for Dreamcast !

Dreamcast OpenBoR v2.0047 for Dreamcast !

CGRemakes released OpenBoR v2.0047 some days ago. It includes many bugfixes and is the latest stable version.

Finally, Samurai X has released his fresh Dreamcast port of OpenBoR v2.0047 yesterday:

Version 0.1 By SamuraiX

Based on Neill Corlett's original Beats of Rage Port.
    Thank You:
    SenileTeam for the great engine!
    Dreamcast Toolchain by L@Cible
    Powered by OpenBoR team

It features all fixes from Openbor v2.0047 and also removes the slowdown bug in previous Dreamcast releases. One of the major new implementations is the merge of both previous Dreamcast versions: The one using Neill Corlett's memory handling, and the one with Roel's memory saving code. It's selectable from the Options Menu now:

Enabling Memory Save will allow ANY mod to work on Dreamcast!

Download: OpenBOR DC v0.2 by Samurai X

How To Burn: Use 1ST_READ.BIN from the NTSC (for US/JP users) or PAL (for EU users) folder and download your mod from e.g. BoRGeneration.com. Your mod's PAK file needs to be named "bor.pak"!
    - Use Bootdreams v0.61 and point it to the folder containing your PAK and the 1st_read.bin to create & burn your DC image.

Source: OpenBoR.net

DCEmu Newbie

Two Questions.

1) Are all mods compatible with this engine.

2) Is there a menu system that can be built/used to select various mods on one cd that is easy to set up.

DCEmu Newbie

My question is if it is the new 4 player version? I will have to investigate......

No selectable mod, no 4 player and no rumble support in this release.

However, i just released v0.2 there is rumble support and i plan on adding 4 player in the next release v0.3

Quote Originally Posted by 72da9
    Two Questions.

1) Are all mods compatible with this engine.

2) Is there a menu system that can be built/used to select various mods on one cd that is easy to set up.
    1) Yes.

However, there could be problems with these:

Beats of Fighting by Tails
    Tails' Final Fight
    Vampire Rage by Tails
    KoF Clash by Xenox

...as they're using the DarkBoR engine. Most DarkBoR features are already implemented in OpenBoR, but exactly two or three aren't yet but will be in the next release, so there's a slight chance that one or two of the listed games won't work with OpenBoR v2.0047.

2. No, not yet.

As Samurai X posted on OpenBoR.net, he's tinking on implementing it into the DC version though.
    Until then I will try to compile a BoR Loader set that should be easy to edit and compile, so you could make your personal multi BoR disc with it:

Here's a post I've did a little while back:

You could modify the menus we used for our www.DCEvolution.net BoR releases but you'd have to edit the ini files and the PVRs and replace the .bins with the new version of OpenBoR that you should hexedit to check for Bo1.pak to Bo?.pak, where the ? stands for mod ?, the last mod on your Favorites list. Unscramble the .bins before hexediting.

Tools for modifying the PVRs are available on the net. A good hexeditor is frhed. The .ini files can be opened with notepad.

It's not easy and you probably would be better off to stick with single game CDRs for now.

However, I think I will prepare a simple mod loader that allows putting your favorite BoR mods on one CD with a lot less editing work soon. Don't know when I find the time, but I thought about doing this anyway.
    Since I made that post I've already started with some little work on this

Nice work Samurai X! Keep it up!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiX
    i just released v0.2 there is rumble support and i plan on adding 4 player in the next release v0.3
    I've updated the download link to v0.2 in my initial post

DCEmu Newbie

Sorry about the, Buick sized car crash (bump)...
    But, I am interested in the "multi .PAK loader" for DC.

Is this ready yet?

Thread Information