Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you make of this?

Default What do you make of this?

http://pspupdates.qj.net/Nintendo-64...g/49/aid/57643

I'm pretty much convinced it's total bull (sounds just like PSDonkey to me, and googling his name doesn't exactly give you links becoming of a developer...) but I figured Monkey and some of the others here would have a much better idea than I would.

Now, I don't want to start up a whole slew of debates like with Donkey64, so I understand if this gets modded, but I'm tired of 95% of the QJ.net community flaming everyone who thinks it's fake just because of the old "if you guys don't appreciate it, I won't release it" line.

no offence i could completely be wrong but i dont think you were here when all the psdonkey crap was going on cause i wasent and i joined before you i think you just saw this one post by him and everybody getting mad at him for comming back.

PSP Coder

No donkey bashing. Donkey is actualy trying to redeam him self for a change on other sites. So no bashing him here.

Now that I got that out of the way.

I think this could be a fake. There is no proof that its real. The shots could easly been taken from daedalus. They show no sense in speed nor show they were from something running.

I mean sure in the early days I posted shots before the builds but atleast gave you guys status along the way and other things to prove I had something real.

Believe me, I was here the whole time...anyway, I'm surprised to hear he's turned a new leaf--I thought all that business with Daedalus was just him trying to take credit for StrmnNrmn's work but hey, what do I know.

I was just annoyed because everyone, the editor at QJ.net included, is inclined to believe it's real, without any actual proof. But nonetheless, do you really think he would be able pull off full speed with sound? Speedhacks can only save so much processing power in the long run, and this seemed to come out of nowhere.

Well the author said he will be realeasing it to Jamie M.(a pspupdates.qj staff worker) on July 14th to show that its real. Then he said he will release a day or two after that.

I know what he said...and I'll wait and see what happens, but it just doesn't sound likely.

PSP Coder

if you can't just up and give a build to someone for credibility at any point. I have less of a reason to believe. I can at any time produce a build for my testers of my current status in any of my projects.

Any comercial coder would be use to this at work since work or a publisher could request a build at any time.

i was just thinking he could have mae it fulll speed in a short amount of time. for example- say he was working with 2.6 psp and has been working on this emulator for a while but it was slower than the others and no sound so theres no point to reliseing it so he didient. then when the kernal mode was unlocked he went in and used kernal mode to fully axcess fetures, and boom it worked with sound and full speed. thats just a theory i still dont really belive him that much i gess will just have to wait.

All kernel mode opens up is the ME, and the ME would likely only be used for sound, and even then, there's the distinct possibility that there would be a slight decrease in speed unless properly optimized.

Also, notice he's calling an emulator that runs roms at 100% speed with sound and no artifacts an "alpha." You almost get the feeling he doesn't know what it means, but I'll give him the benefit of a doubt there.

well he said he would release it on the 14 so we can wait. But it isnt total bull yet. Cause Zombi146 is a cool guy and he used to be an old gba dev so he must have been working on this for months now maybe a year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information