By getting drunk. Spike Jonze latest project I'm Here, a 30-minute tale about the ups and downs of robot love, is set to premier at the Sundance Film Festival. It's also being used in an ad campaign for Absolute Vodka.
[IMG]http://counters.gigya.com/wildfire/IMP/CXNID=2000002.0NXC/bT*xJmx*PTEyNjQxMDY2MTU3OTAmcHQ9MTI2NDEwNjYxNzk*My ZwPTEwMjExMjImZD*mZz*yJm89NWY1NmQwODhlYWIyNDYyMWI2/NmM1NGY1MWNlNTA1NjQmb2Y9MA==.gif[/IMG]
Fast Company discusses the film with executive producers Mark Figliulio and Matt Bijarchi:
"This isn't the first time people have created branded content," says Figliulio. "But it's never really been accepted on its own merits. That's the grey area we're trying to explore." Set in a gauzy version of L.A., it's a love story about a boy and a girl—who also happen to be robots made from what looks like cast-off computer parts from 1994. That conceit allows Jonze to create a quirky, alternate world for their romance. In one scene, for example, the boy plugs in the girl for the night—which manages to become a scene of such delicate intimacy that it makes you squirm a little. (The male lead is played by Andrew Garfield, who was also just recently cast in David Fincher's adaptation of The Social Network, a book about Facebook's founding. Garfield plays Eduardo Saverin, who founded the company with Mark Zuckerberg.)
Given that a depressed robot sinking into alcoholism would probably paint Absolute in a negative light, I don't expect any of the robot characters to go off an a Bender-like bender. Still, the humor in this partnership is hard to ignore. [Fast Company]

</img> </img> </img> </img>

More...