Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Epic scrolling action game.......

Default Epic scrolling action game.......

Hey, Iwas just wondering if anyone is interested in working with me on a scrolling action game. I have big ideas for this game and am teaching myself C, java, etc. to grasp some design a game for the next gen consoles but I do not believe I should try to sell an idea until I have more experience in game development. Ok, so, I want to construct a 2D scroller based on the ideas I have for the original 3d next gen game. I'm putting together the script and designing characters now and I have planned out in detail particular playable scenes. I am very excited about these ideas and I love to work with some of you, if only part tim. Thank you

I will give you a hand, i can only code in Lua though...

you want to be a professional game designer?!
    are you already i n the industry, or is this a dream?
    anyway good luck with the homebrew, i know nothing but will anticipate your release, all legal homebrew is good homebrew!

Default Just what exactly can lua do?

I've heard much about it and seen some homebrew games and stuff done in it but is it that powerful?

DCEmu Pro

Lua is a little bland however its much easier to learn and some good games have been made using Lua. You should give it a try Gazamadaz theres a couple of tutorials that can be found on dcemu and other websites.

Thanks accordian boy, and Briggsy11. I will check out lua alright. I guess it would be a good starting point to get the fundamentals of the game down.

GP2X Coder/Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Gazamadaz
    I've heard much about it and seen some homebrew games and stuff done in it but is it that powerful?
    Not really, Lua is only really good for small games. Trying to do an epic game in it is like trying to hammer a nail with a piece of wood. It is possible, just damn difficult and messy.

Forget about even selling your game, it is near to impossible to do that kind of thing nowadays. Just make it.

Default Right o

Cool yaustar, I'm thinking it would be rather difficult to sell it alright, unless I got lucky. Or had some kick-ass, never-seen-before imagery and ideas already coded. Do you have any suggestions on the language I should use. It will be 2D but I want it to be compatible with adding some serious physics engine later on for explosions and ragdoll physics (havok style) for character deaths. There is one level in particular where a helicopter is firing a machine gun at a building the player is holding onto for dear life, eating away at the concrete with the bullets. I want the helicopter to spin and move somewhat realistically and the damage to be fairly explosive. This will be the demo level I'm putting all the work into. I can go into more detail if I have to but I don't want to post the really cool ideas up just in case evil corperate eyes are watching, ha ha. Cheers, Gar.

Default humm

that may be posible to make a very simple physics but ragdoll or havick i dont think you could make on lua dont know good luck on the game

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information