With a couple of leaks to get our mouths watering, Pentax has at last confirmed its new trio of Optio cameras: the I-10 (pictured), H90, and E90. The SLR-inspired I-10 sports a 5x zoom, 12.1 megapixel sensor, 2.7-inch LCD and 720p / 30fps video capture. There's also optical image stabilization, smile capture, and face detection to round out the feature set -- not bad for a $300 camera. Meanwhile, the similarly classy, 80s-inspired H90 checks most of the same boxes (including HD video, 12.1 megapixel stills and 5x zoom) with a $180 pricetag -- we can only guess its sacrifices involve a downgraded lens, sensor or general sense of class. Finally, the E90 throws off all classic pretension and does up 10 megapixels, 3x zoom and a 2.7-inch LCD for a mere $100. No optical stabilization here, but the 6400 ISO and Digital Shake Reduction mode should help out a little bit. All three cameras ship next month. PR is after the break. Gallery: Pentax confirms Optio I-10, H90, and E90 budget-friendly shooters

Continue reading Pentax confirms Optio I-10, H90, and E90 budget-friendly shooters
Filed under: Digital Cameras
Pentax confirms Optio I-10, H90, and E90 budget-friendly shooters originally appeared on Engadget on Mon, 25 Jan 2010 17:41:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | | Email this | Comments

More...