Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Project DS Announced

DCEmu Pro

Default Re: Project DS Announced

I dunno, i cant do SH-4 coding, hence me wanting flash, souLLy wat are these players? and can they cope with games?

http://www.openswf.org that has loads of info on the file format, i cant find any links to players right now, and theyve disappeared from my favourites over time... im sure other people know of them.

DCEmu Pro

I found a current open source one, which is currently being built, and in C\C++ I think, this would be our perfect candidate, now we just need someone to port each version to the DC, any takers? http://gplflash.sourceforge.net/

DCEmu Regular

DS is gonna be one of the best things to happen to the DC in a long time. I've already got some projects planned for now that I know some of the features its supporting.

Hola here is where your wrong we have many better things then Java Script i am not dissing it is a great project but not as good as Neo Geo Cd emu.

Eric

DCEmu Regular

[quote author=Eric link=board=Dev;num=1090864320;start=15#24 date=07/30/04 at 22:37:04]Hola here is where your wrong we have many better things then Java Script i am not dissing it is a great project but not as good as Neo Geo Cd emu.

Eric[/quote]Thats the dumbest thing i've ever heard.
    Neogeo CD has such a limited amount of games. Less than 100 and less than 20 worth play. I'm not trashing the emulator at all i'm trashing the system. Neogeo cart was a good system Neogeo CD wasnt hence why it died and the cart lived on. Java script isnt a emulator either is a programing langauge. This will mean more people can program things for DC. Which mean you get more things on DC. How is this not good? It's like comparing apples and oranges. They're just arent the same.

DCEmu Coder

[quote author=Eric link=board=Dev;num=1090864320;start=15#24 date=07/30/04 at 22:37:04]Hola here is where your wrong we have many better things then Java Script i am not dissing it is a great project but not as good as Neo Geo Cd emu.

Eric[/quote]

Err... Personally, I think it's the other way around. An emulator is really nothing special, because you can't really do a lot with it. From a technical point of view, they are interesting only because they are fairly challenging to create. However, once written, they will never be able to run anything that hasn't already been done.

This, on the other hand, will allow people who don't know C/C++, and who aren't necessarily that good at programming, to create new games for the Dreamcast.

Okay that is pretty interesting i think you put it a little easy on me on the other hand that Hola guy is really starting to piss me off

DCEmu Pro

For us less able coders, it is the best thing so far. I have to learn javascript now. Dammit.

Blog Entries

i personaly cant wait for the Basic project of Blackauras to come out too

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information