Thread: CDI4DC v0.1b released

Dreamcast CDI4DC v0.1b released

CDI4DC is a proggy written in order to replace the old (but good) Xeal's bin2boot.

It generates a REAL valid CDI selfboot file (e.g. a mountable CDI into virtual drives) from a MSINFO'ed 11702 ISO.

The resulting CDI file is ready to burn. Please notify that program is in BETA STAGE, so handle it with precautions.

A very simple GUI, called BootMake, is available too.

Download

Great job! We finally don't need to even touch bin2boot anymore!

I've noticed one bug. If there's a space in the volume name it only displays the first word although the cdi is created with the whole volume name.

Once it's out of beta state, I'll replace bin2boot with cdi4dc in BootDreams!

Quote Originally Posted by fackue
    Great job! We finally don't need to even touch bin2boot anymore!
    Thanks

I've noticed one bug. If there's a space in the volume name it only displays the first word although the cdi is created with the whole volume name.
    Ah really ? I never created CDI with spaces :/ Thanks ! I'll fix that.

Once it's out of beta state, I'll replace bin2boot with cdi4dc in BootDreams!
    That's a great idea If you have another problem or need something, just tell me.

In the future i'll release the source code (i must clean it now... but not today ). It's written in C (not current for me ^^).

DCEmu Newbie

Question for future:
    -Do i have ever to use cdrecord burning my 1st audio track? And if cdi4dc could rec eive the needed LBA as argument?
    Like cdi4dc -lba 0,11700 your_iso.iso selfboot.cdi
    -Instead of a ISO, can i use a CUE with CDDA tracks and 1 BINARY track? It would be good for Quake and such.

But thanks for the great tool, sure it'll be helpfull.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterMan
    Question for future:
    -Do i have ever to use cdrecord burning my 1st audio track?
    With cdi4dc you don't need cdrecord anymore.

And if cdi4dc could rec eive the needed LBA as argument?
    Like cdi4dc -lba 0,11700 your_iso.iso selfboot.cdi
    No, cdi4dc use the iso generated by mkisofs, and at this time, cdi4dc write a "precalculed" audio track. So the lba must be 11702 only.

-Instead of a ISO, can i use a CUE with CDDA tracks and 1 BINARY track? It would be good for Quake and such.
    At this time, no, i'm not plaining to generate CDI with CDDA tracks. :/ But since i'll release the source code, may be another great man can do this...

great release, thank you

Not a big problem but after more testing I discovered it creates a blank CDI if the ISO passed doesn't exist.

I think it's pretty solid. There's not much else I can test that would make a difference to whether the CDI image would work or not.

Some other cool features I'd like to see is implementing cdi2nero within this and just passing -tao, -dao, -cdi to distinguish between the type of images you want. Possibly creating the nero images directly from the iso. Again, just an idea.

Not a big problem but after more testing I discovered it creates a blank CDI if the ISO passed doesn't exist.
    Ah yes i forgot to test the two parameters before opening files.

Some other cool features I'd like to see is implementing cdi2nero within this and just passing -tao, -dao, -cdi to distinguish between the type of images you want. Possibly creating the nero images directly from the iso. Again, just an idea.
    Yes it can be a good idea too, thanks for it

Thread Information