Here's the story. Designer Jeremiah Whitaker spent nine months at Microsoft working on Windows Mobile 7 (according to his LinkedIn), and published an example of user experience on his site—which is believed to be from Microsoft.
Accompanying the above images, he wrote:
"NDA dictates I keep this vague. For a leading cell platform I created UX flows of common controls and usages. After client review I created flash demos. Those demo's were then reviewed and passed on to SectionSeven development to create interactive prototypes".
The design company SectionSeven has been working with Microsoft recently, so he wasn't exactly encrypting his work on the mobile platform's user experience very well. It's like he wanted to be found out.
The diagrams, while not exactly clear, do hint at the possibility of multitouch for Windows Mobile 7 phones, or at least some new gestures not needed previously on their platforms. Last week a list of the minimum required specs that Microsoft has supposedly issued to manufacturers leaked out, with at least a 3.6-inch WVGA display needed for WinMo7 handsets, along with a 1GHz processor. Both these elements would certainly be well-suited to a multitouch UI. [Jeremiah Whitaker via Microsoft Kitchen via The Unwired]

</img> </img> </img> </img>

More...