EA has launched the multiplayer open beta for Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight, and all you have to do is sign into your free GameSpot account and wait.
You see, waiting for your key is the key to waiting to get into the C&C 4 multiplayer beta. GameSpot is doling them out by the thousands, giving players access to four maps from the game, including Afflicted Arena, a Polynesian GDI military dock under siege by the Brotherhood of Nod. Sounds exciting, doesn't it? Even the game's lead designer thinks so.
"We could not be more excited to give fans a taste of what's in store for Command & Conquer 4 Tiberian Twilight with the new multiplayer beta," said Lead Designer, Samuel Bass. "Players can expect the fast-paced strategic RTS action they've come to know and love in the Command & Conquer franchise augmented with new gameplay elements that really ratchet up the intensity, especially in our 5v5 multiplayer modes."
I can hardly wait, but wait I must. Upon logging into my GameSpot account on the beta page, I was greeted by this:
Thanks for your interest in the Command & Conquer 4 Open Beta. We're currently limiting the rate at which we're distributing keys, but we've just secured you a place in line. We'll display your key here when we release more keys in the coming days, and we'll be sure to notify you by email as well.
Hell yeah, I've secured a place in line! Now to bide my time until that fateful day. Oh the biding I will do.

</img> </img> </img> </img>

More...