Star Trek is as much a staple of geek culture as gaming, so it's no surprise that it's influence has shown up in countless video games over the years. What's your favorite Star Trek video game reference?
Video games have been around a little bit longer than Star Trek, so the 1966 television series isn't able to claim influence over 1962's Spacewar!, but countless titles have felt the influence of the beloved science fiction franchise over the past 44 years.
Some of my favorite references to Star Trek are found in Sierra's Space Quest adventure game series. Space Quest V: The Next Mutation had the series' space janitor protagonist Roger Wilco cheats his way through the final exam at StarCon academy, later having to deal with a Commander and blatant Kirk homage named Raemes T. Quirk. The next game in the series, Space Quest 6: The Spinal Frontier, featured a feline commander of the SCS DeepShip 86 who spoke like Captain Jean-Luc Picard actor Patrick Stewart.
World of Warcraft is littered with pop culture references, from a selection of Dax hosts in the Draenei staring area (Curzon, Tobin, Emony, and Audrid inside the Exodar), to Jhordy Lapforge, a gnome engineer within Gadgetzan.
Even BioWare's most recent hit, Mass Effect 2, isn't safe from the Trek references, from arguably attractive blue ladies to a Scottish engineer on board a major ship (see? I avoided spoilers!) And if you find yourself on level 28 of the Citadel, be sure to stop by the bar for a drink. *wink wink*
I could go on and on, but this post isn't for me to show off what a giant dork I am. It's for you folks to discuss your favorite Star Trek references, either direct or implied, that you've come across during your gaming days.
I just took some of the best ones. Your turn!

Be sure to check out our Star Trek Week tag page for more Trek-related goodness!

</img> </img> </img> </img>

More...