Thread: Quick Run-Down of Some New features to the Forums.

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Forum Quick Run-Down of Some New features to the Forums.

A few new features have been added to the forums within this last week.

New Warning System

In case you guys haven't noticed a newer efficient warning system has been implemented. There are different warnings with different levels. Think of it as a sort of decibel system for the forums. Each user is granted a limit of 10 warning points. Small offences such as double-posting and de-railing of threads will only result in small 2-point warnings while more serious crimes (such as warez discussion) will result in an instant 10-point fill-up. When a user maxes out their 10-point limit they will be banned for seven days. This warning system will allow a tighter control on certain undesirable content and will make keep the forums safe and clean.

Staff Webmail addresses

Thanks to Martin again all staff have been given dcemu webmail accounts (e.g; [email protected]). The major advantage about this new webmail feature is the added effectiveness of post reporting. If any DCemu member finds an offensive or illegal post you can report posts by clicking the lower-left icon found in the corner of any post. These reports are sent to the majority of moderaters and staff. This creates much faster response times and makes it much easier for us to do our job. I encourage all users to report bad posts instead of PMing us.

The community is only getting better with these new features and the DCemu network will only continue to get better.

Don't forget about the ever-expanding DCemu Arcade

Cool Yes.

I find the instant reports to be very helpful
    I love the new features

And the new emails, I love em,

[email protected]

I like the new warning system. I think it will help self regulate the site and keep people in line. Myself included, lol ---> I have recently been banned. :-(

May psp-news.dcemu.co.uk live on forever!

Good news, Dcemu keeps getting better. Could I have a dcemu email........please, pretty please :P

I just wanted to quickly mention that some of these new features do not show up when using the "old style" for the forums skin. Things like this warning system and the arcade trophies... There might be other features as well that don't show up that I don't know about. I still use the old style because quoted sections are more distinguishable (better overall contrast) and whitespace in "code" blocks is properly maintained. ...If there's anyone else out there still using it as well, they may be seeing this and thinking, "Huh? I don't notice any changes"

Also, as far as thread/post reporting goes... I'm not naive and I know that the majority of members more than likely use illegal methouds to acquire illegal goods, but, my question is, to what extent is this talk tolerated here? I know that there's a strict no ISO/ROM policy, but where does DCEmu stand as far as other illegal media downloading sites/methouds are concerned? I ask this because I'm seeing a lot of veteran members (including mods/staff as well) increasingly not only allowing the posting of these means, but are sometimes the ones suggesting the means themselves. When I first started coming to this site, all such mention of those means were quickly censored, but now they seem to be popping up everywhere. I don't know if this is because policy enforcement is getting more lax, or if it's just because enforcement was excessively strict in the past, but it just seems to me that any mention of where to go to obtain any copyrighted material is going to naturally lead to finding ISO's/ROM's as well. My work is highly effected by piracy, so whenever I see people posting about how to illegally obtain copyrighted goods, not just games, I find that personally offensive and am tempted to hit the report button, but since veterans/staff/mods are occassionally the posters, it makes me wonder if the policy isn't just a facade.

As I said, I know most everyone is involved in these activities, so I'm not trying to be irritatingly vocal about the subject, but it would be nice to know where the line is drawn so that I know exactly what level of reporting is expected, and at what level even the mods start to think "Who cares?"

Cool The Golden Warez Rule.

Well the general golden rule is, Anything that's illegal isn't allowed on this site.
    Meaning any type of conversations or support shown for (pirated media), So basically all forms of media piracy should be reported,
    Our goal is to keep our site legal, so we cant be forced to shut down.
    So members should keep that in mind while posting and reporting posts as well

Edit, I also suggest to anyone and everyone, that wish to know more about Dcemu, its rules and policy,staff,or administration, Should Join Us On IRC at irc.efnet.pl Channel #dcemu Or visit our Java Chat client http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/irc/irc.htm

I love the new features that way we can all get trouble makers out fast.

Reviews Webmaster/Reviewer bandit's Avatar

Do I get an email? If so, how do I access?
    Follow us (1KIND Photography): Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
    Follow Us (DCEmu Reviews): YouTube | Facebook | Twitter

I don't really understand why you get 2 points for a double post, I've done it before due to no fault of my own, surely the forum software has blocks in place to stop this, I know my old forums used to.

Shad, get your arse on Animal Crossing later!
    Find yourself some ebay spelling mistake bargains!
    Use the power of the TYPING WAND! |Free PSP ISOs to download

Pick of the google street views! Including topless girls

Proud owner of a Nintendo Wii!
    PSP1. Black Jap 1000K: 1.5 -> 2.71SE-A -> 2.71SE-B -> 2.71SE-B' -> 2.71SE-B''
    PSP2. Black "non worker" from ebay: 2.6 (?) -> 2.71 -> 1.5 -> 2.71SE-B -> 2.71SE-B'
    PSP3: Black "Broken UMD Drive" UK 1003 2.0 -> 1.5 -> 2.71SE-B -> 2.71SE-B'
    Do you have a bricked psp?

Yeah, what exactly is a BAD double post? Posting same ??? in multiple threads? Replying more than once on a thread?

ON popular thread you almost HAVE to double post to respond to the increasing # of posts. I will edit my initial post instead of posting again at times.

Thread Information