Resisting a Nintendo DS game about cute little robot hamsters might be possible, but when Activision packs in a tiny stuffed hamster baby into the collector's edition of Zhu Zhu Pets, even the strongest man's resolve begins to falter.
Zhu Zhu Pets, announced back in December, is a game based on the mechanical hamster toys that frustrated the living hell out of so many parents during the holiday season. The demand for these fuzzy little bastards went through the roof, and why not? They are, essentially, robot hamsters, two of the greatest words in the English language, brought together in one toy.
I actually picked one up at a Wal-Mart a couple of days after Christmas. It's been terrorizing my cats ever since.
The game is a maze-racing affair, in which the player steers his or her hamster through a twisting course, collecting coins and new hamster friends along the way. Friends like the collector's edition baby hamster, packed in the initial shipment of the games at no additional cost.
His name is Baxter. It's times like this I wish I could write in big-eyed emoticons.
I believe I can still resist, as long as the first screens from the game aren't similarly adorable.

Dammit.

</img> </img> </img> </img>

More...