Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Devhook 0.44- UMD Version (2.71 firmware on 1.5 PSP'S!!)

Well, on www.psp-hacks.com theres' a modded version of 0.44, that has all the files required to run the screen shot and USB stuff......all u do is replace the files on the memorystick it's very easy to do, i evn did a little modding of my self and got it working on all emulated firmwares to date, so go there, find it, download it and just move the files onto the memory stick.

just post again if u have any trouble at all

Can i edit the font / gameboot on the emulated 2.71 firmware ?
    Is there any chance at all, no matter how small, that this could brick my psp ?

Quote Originally Posted by ENG
    Can i edit the font / gameboot on the emulated 2.71 firmware ?
    Is there any chance at all, no matter how small, that this could brick my psp ?
    i dont think you can change the font but you can change the gameboot by going to E:/dh/271/flash0/vsh/resource then just put the gameboot in there
    and theres no chance this can brick your psp

-!-
    /\

lol, i was just about to say i've managed to change the font to the GTA font, this is great, because it means i can change the font etc, without having to mess with the flash.

Quote Originally Posted by accordian boy
    seeing as we have only got this far because of 2.6 kernal access, allowing the encryption to be broken. im thankful that 2.60 - 2.71 have the same encryptio n method, but now all sony have to do is make a new encryption method and were stuck again. i think that an exploit will be needed to gain internal access in order to break that, so it will be a long wait
    poeple with the u.p. modchip will decrypt firmware for us and the devhook programmers giving us access.

Default this data is corrupted

i need help

Quote Originally Posted by arcaderat22
    i need help
    If you're trying to launch homebrew from fw2.71 via devhook 0.45 it won't work unless it's been specially compiled by the programmer to work on that firmware.

To my knowledge only NesterJ the NES emulator has been compiled to create a version that works so far, any normal fw1.5 homebrew won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer
    i dont think you can change the font but you can change the gameboot by going to E:/dh/271/flash0/vsh/resource then just put the gameboot in there
    and theres no chance this can brick your psp
    Just a correction to this, but everything that u see on screen, everything that the PSP can do, including button presses, is coming off of the PSP's firmware, so that inturn is coming from the memorystick, so basicaly if u have the tools, u can change anything u see on the PSP itself.

o and font is in "x:/dh/271/flash0/font"

throwin that out there for ya

Quote Originally Posted by arcaderat22
    i need help
    be a little more specific, is the homebrew on emulated 2.71 saying corrupted, don't mess with that right now. That's for developers.

or is DevHook on the PSP saying it's corrupted?

if DevHook is saying corrupted i'm guessing u came here because u heard "homebrew" and "on 2.71" but it's only if u can emulate it and recompile the homebrew itself, so go to the flash section and have fun playing the flashgames. or try recompiling the homebrew to see if it will run on 2.71, but it's a long a$$ process!

yeah i just heard somewhere that there was something different with fonts on 2.71 and you couldnt change them or the xmb wouldnt show up properly

-!-
    /\

DCEmu Newbie

edit: ok i got the installer on my psp but it keeps on saying i's corropt what should i do

Thread Information