Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Devhook 0.44- UMD Version (2.71 firmware on 1.5 PSP'S!!)

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MalumEnSe
    I know you do - I was kinda shocked when I saw it. If we could legally host a drag and drop version of the setup at QJ, we would... but unfortunately that's not possible without it containing illegal firmware bits.
    Sadly the only option is for users to find the files on their own. All I can say is its worth the extra work my friends! This is a great program.

I REALLY hope we get a 333mhz fix soon for 2.71. Imagine heavy flash running at low qual, 333mhz...it would be so fast!
    You don't need to know my mental status. You probably don't want to, either.

September 5th, 2005:
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R
    There wont be a N64 emu on the PSP. Not one that is playable anyways.
    Need LocationFree help? Send me a PM!

much appreciated, many thanks to all the people who made this possible.
    Sony - stop spending a fortune on wasted efforts, give people WHAT THEY WANT

Ok, that sounds good. But when will I be able to use this software on my japan 1.0 PSP?
    And please, don't tell me to upgrade...

yakumo--Why wouldnt you upgrade my friend? Seriously? You cant play music UMD's, you cant run devhook and emulate the 1.50, 2.00, 2.50, 2.60, and 2.71 firmwares at once, and you can only run games that require you to update up to 1.52 (i dont even know if you can do that.) unless your a pirate and heart using fastloader (if that even runs on 1.00) Not to sound cruel but i'd upgrade as of now not much cool material has been released for the 1.00 and theres a downgrader out now, so it's cool.

and i'm sure that Sony is now going to release a 2.80 or 2.90 to delay the time between 3.00 (im sure is one of the next firmwares) and be like yeah we added a "security update" (a.k.a-patch up your chance of hacking our system) and the use of radio or some stupid thing that we could probably already do on our 1.50 you have to give them credit if i was a 2.60-2.71 user i would definitely upgrade because if you cant play homebrew as smooth as 1.50 or even 2.00 you might as well conform and just go along with them because you have nothing to occupy yourself really while you wait for the system to be cracked. . .

DCEmu Newbie

You guys pown!!! Great!

Quote Originally Posted by YourStillWithMe
    yakumo--Why wouldnt you upgrade my friend? Seriously? You cant play music UMD's, you cant run devhook and emulate the 1.50, 2.00, 2.50, 2.60, and 2.71 firmwares at once, and you can only run games that require you to update up to 1.52 (i dont even know if you can do that.) unless your a pirate and heart using fastloader (if that even runs on 1.00) Not to sound cruel but i'd upgrade as of now not much cool material has been released for the 1.00 and theres a downgrader out now, so it's cool.
    First of all, I don't want to listening to music in a PSP. I have my own MP3 portable player. Second, I want to play official games without needing to upgrade. I have 'Untold Legends' and can't play with it because it requieres 1.5fw.
    Last, but not least, having a 'virgin' PSP 1.00 is like having a museum piece. I would rather prefer spending 300 euro in a new PSP and do all the flashings needed instead of 'pervert' my 1.00 PSP.

If sony would not had made so much mistakes in their fw I would have bought other games that I want to play but unfortunately requires a higher version firmware. Some of that games are: 'Metal Gear Acid 2', 'Gradius Legends', the new Ghouls and Gosts...

Too bad for me, but also for game manufacturers. They will not see money from me anymore if I cannot play games with a 1.00 PSP or if I don't buy another, and I will not do that at the moment.

this is awesome! talk about a slap in the face to sony. this means if you have 1.5, you can emulate every single firmware now!!!

its too bad i cant enjoy any of this on my broken PSP screen

DCEmu Newbie

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by yakumo
    First of all, I don't want to listening to music in a PSP. I have my own MP3 portable player. Second, I want to play official games without needing to upgrade. I have 'Untold Legends' and can't play with it because it requieres 1.5fw.
    Last, but not least, having a 'virgin' PSP 1.00 is like having a museum piece. I would rather prefer spending 300 euro in a new PSP and do all the flashings needed instead of 'pervert' my 1.00 PSP.

If sony would not had made so much mistakes in their fw I would have bought other games that I want to play but unfortunately requires a higher version firmware. Some of that games are: 'Metal Gear Acid 2', 'Gradius Legends', the new Ghouls and Gosts...

Too bad for me, but also for game manufacturers. They will not see money from me anymore if I cannot play games with a 1.00 PSP or if I don't buy another, and I will not do that at the moment.
    Remind me again why you have a PSP? There are 1.0 to 1.5 firmware upgrade/downgraders for people with machines like yourself which allow you try out 1.5 firmware and if you don't like it, revert back to 1.0.

The newer versions of Devhook et al aren't likely to support 1.0 firmware in the new future if ever so if you want to make some use of your museum piece, you are going to have to update to 1.50. It really isn't that bad

DCEmu Old Pro The_Ultimate_Eggman's Avatar

OMFG just downloaded the full pack with Fw 2.71 this rocks with the usb host tooo great work...

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread Information